We stayed at Phu Pi Maan in a 2 bedroom villa in May 2012. Our family was actually returning to this resort, having stayed there in April 2011 right after it opened. We were glad to see that things hadn't gone downhill - it's still a stunning place with beautiful gardens, fantastic pools and lovely rooms.
Our children (7 and 4) were made to feel very welcome, even though they can be really noisy and loud. The daily breakfast is great. We didn't try lunch, dinner or room service, preferring to go into Ao Nang.
It's situated a bit out of the way of shopping and the beach, but I see this as a plus! And the shuttle service they provide from reception was really reliable, quick and convenient. This time around, we had a local SIM card so we could call the resort from town when we wanted to be picked up, and they always came! This meant that we didn't have to go through the whole negotiating with tuk tuk drivers and explain where we were staying every time we went out for a meal.
The service was pretty good, particularly from Best who works on reception - he was just lovely! Not all staff speak great English, but if this is the sort of thing that bothers you, maybe you should stay somewhere else. When it was difficult to communicate, we got there in the end ...
I definitely recommend this place if you're looking for somewhere to relax, as a base to explore the region, or just hang out in the pool. The two bedroom villa was great for our family - providing a bit of privacy for parents and kids with their own space with TV and DVD player.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Phu Pi Maan Resort & SpaA small and cozy resort designed into a tropical embrace of nature. Delicately designed villas, suites and deluxe rooms blend the best elements of contemporary design and traditional Thai style together, leading to a relaxing atmosphere of comfort and luxury. Phu Pi Maan offers all amenities and facilities a guest could expect. The spacious and beautifully designed pool area invites guest of all ages to enjoy and relax. Delicious Thai and western food is offered at the resorts nicely designed and stylish restaurant. For the ultimate indulgence in pure bliss and tranquility, the resort offers a health spa with many different thai massage and fitness center. A heavenly sanctuary for you to relax, unwind, recharge and rejuvenate. Phu Pi Maan Resort & Spa is located in Ao Nang, Krabi, approx. 30km from Krabi Airport (30 minutes by car) or 160km from Phuket Airport (2 hours by car). Ao Nang Beach can be reached within a five minute shuttle service offered throughout the whole day by the resort. The most beautiful beaches of Tonsai, Railay and Phra Nang can be reached within 15 minutes by longtailboat and the gorgeous beaches of Poda and Chicken Island within a 30 minutes ride. Phu Pi Maan Resort & Spa offers the ultimate experience for guest looking for a stay with a personal touch within a beautiful and most quiet nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Phu Pi Maan Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Phu Pi Maan Resort And Spa
- Phu Pi Maan Hotel Ao Nang
- Phu Pi Maan Resort & Spa Krabi/Ao Nang