“Terrible owner, Horrible manners”

Diver's Inn Steakhouse and International Cuisine
Ranked #5 of 279 Restaurants in Ao Nang
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Diver's Inn opened its doors as the first German Restaurant in Ao Nang, Krabi,in August 2000. Just a small place with 10 tables and 4 staff, the restaurant earned a reputation for quality Steaks, Thai and German Food at reasonable prices. In May 2006 we moved into a new building just a few steps away from McDonalds, directly opposite the Siam Commercial Bank. Customers can enjoy tasty and juicy steaks (Chilled vacuumed Australian Black Angus) as well as delicious Thai and European food, using only the finest and freshest ingredients that our restaurant has to offer. If you love meat other than beef you have a choice of duck, pork and chicken and for the non-meat eaters there are seafood and vegetarian options. All European meat dishes come with a salad buffet or a big side salad, potato side dish and sauces to choose from. We do gluten free food, just need to know if you as a customer are in need of it. Since 21.07.17 we offer a great breakfast menu as well, starting 8 a.m.
Santa Barbara, California
“Terrible owner, Horrible manners”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I am writing my first review ever on tripadvisor based on the terrible encounter I had at this restaurant. My girlfriend wanted a salad and there was a salad buffet on the menu, which was great. The waitress immediately showed us that it came with a potato side, which sounded great. Then the owner/manager (a German man with a condescending personality) approached us when we asked about the potato choices and how many the salad came with. He specifically said you can choose 1. So we ate, and asked for the bill. When it came there was an additional charge for the potatoes. I politely asked him about it, bringing up the fact that both he and the waitress said it came with the salad. I wasn't even asking it to be comp'd, I just wanted to resolve the confusion. Immediately he stated there is no confusion and I am wrong and stood there telling me to pay the entire bill so that I can leave and another customer can have my table. I was shocked at his tone and the way he began treating us in front of the entire restaurant. Both my girlfriend and myself have worked in restaurants for 4 years and have never returned food, complained about anything, or asked for anything free. I asked why he was treating us poorly, and he began calling us liars and demanding again that we pay and leave. I had even told him during dinner that we would come for breakfast, and apparently he didn't care, because he treated us like dirt. I really hope people read this and turn away from his business, because that is no way to treat anybody. Such a shame that there are people like this in the world....

8 Thank Davebfk3
Juergen1964, Inhaber at Diver's Inn Steakhouse and International Cuisine, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dave,

Neither the waitress nor me did ever mention that the salad buffet comes with a choice of potatoes. I showed the salad bar to your girlfriend. There is a potato salad included.
All our European main courses come with the salad buffet and a choice of 1 out of 5 different potato dishes. That is clearly written in English . If you can´t read your own language that is not our problem.
I never ever used the word " liar " in that conversation. You start getting berserk, it took you 8 min. to put the money on the table, even on the floor. When you left you used the " f " world, shouting at me , you even tried to keep other people from entering our restaurant.
People like you should never reproduce because there are already enough " people " like you in the world. I am sure your stupid review will not keep away one potential customer in the future.
It is sad that I can´t write my honest opinion about you because Tripadvisor will not publish it.
With no regards and no regrets about my answer.

Jürgen

• Korean first
  • Thai first
“Perfect Steak”
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

We visited on the last night of our stay in krabi....damn...should have gone before! The owner was very pleasant and attentive.
Service was very good and my Ribeye steak was cooked to perfection. Salad bar was a nice touch and the drinks were good.
Reasonably priced...remember you get what you pay for!
This place was great and worth every baht!

Denmark
“A great alternative from Thai food”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We choose this restaurant as we had heard a lot of positive feedback. The restaurant was packed but because we arrived early, we were lucky to have a table immediately. We ordered a drink and my pineapple shake was the best I have had in Thailand. For food, we ordered a tenderloin steak and a beef stroganoff. The steak was cooked to perfection – medium/well done and very tender. My husband is quite particular here having eaten steaks all over the world for 39 years.. The stroganoff was tasty with a creamy mushroom sauce and a lovely mash. The salad bar is fresh and a very good supplement. We ordered a Malbec wine from Argentina, which came as a Shiraz/Malbec, with an apology from the owner, as they had run out of our choice on the menu. It was however a worthy replacement.

Just ate the best western food we have tasted in Thailand.

Although the restaurant was very busy, the staff offered good service with a smile. The owner is present and interlinks with his guests. All in all, highly recommendable.

2 Thank 5000000
Bucharest, Romania
“Good restaurant in Thiland”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Very good food, excelent service. Pick season need reservation ahead. Try Lava cake with ice cream!!! We had sirloin and file steak and wiener snitzel. All of them were great!! Also they have a good selection of wines.

Edinburgh
“Best steak I've had in a long time! ”
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Excellent filet steak best I've had in a long time and mixed grill was fab and huge portion, potato wedges were also great.