Diver's Inn Steakhouse and International Cuisine
Ranked #8 of 270 Restaurants in Ao Nang
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Diver's Inn opened its doors as the first German Restaurant in Ao Nang, Krabi,in August 2000. Just a small place with 10 tables and 4 staff, the restaurant earned a reputation for quality Steaks, Thai and German Food at reasonable prices. The expiration of our rental contract in May 2006 forced us to move into a new building just a few steps away from McDonalds, directly opposite the Siam Commercial Bank / Ao Nang President Hotel. Customers can enjoy tasty and juicy steaks (Chilled vacuumed Australian Black Angus) as well as delicious Thai and European food, using only the finest and freshest ingredients that our restaurant has to offer. If you love meat other than beef you have a choice of duck, pork and chicken and for the non-meat eaters there are seafood and vegetarian options. All European meat dishes come with a salad buffet(high season) or a big side salad, potato side dish and sauces to choose from. We are specialized in gluten free food, just need to know if you as a customer are in need of it. We also offer imported German Wheat Beer (Erdinger, even non-alcoholic and Weihenstephaner), Köstritzer German Schwarzbier (Dark Beer), Kopparberg Cider from Sweden and a wide selection of Belgium Beers, even gluten free beer is on offer. A variety of Cognacs and Single Malt Whiskys, high quality Gins, Vodkas and Rums are available as well to finish your meal.
Pattaya, Thailand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

What a surprise. I am used to medium or average restaurants in Thailand, but was pleasantly surprised with my visit here. The staff and (I assume) owner or manager were nice. The selection and quality of the food was really 5 star. I will definitely be back.

1 Thank Angolajohn

• Thai first
Abbotsford, Canada
“Great place to eat!”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We recently ate here and enjoyed the meal and service very much.I had the schnitzel w/mushroom sauce, my wife and daughter had curry dishes, our son in law had Pad Thai, and our grandson had spaghetti.We were all in agreement that the entire meal was, for all of us, very good.The mashed potatoes I had with the schnitzel were some of the best that I have ever had.Looking through the reviews,I noticed that pld of Montreal had made the statement that he could get great steak for less money in Canada, maybe in Montreal, but not anywhere in the west(where we have the best steak in Canada; just sayin)I have not had steak here, and I believe that should I decide to have one, it would be as enjoyable as the meal we enjoyed the first time.

Dublin, Ireland
“Nice mix of European and Thai dishes”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Beautiful food. Loved the pad thai. My partner had steak and he reckoned it was fantastic, one of the best he has had. And the chocolate lava cake dessert was simply divine. I like the way the owner came round and chatted to the guests as well, it was a nice touch and I can tell that he is passionate about the food.

Visited November 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Too expensive for Thailand.”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

A filet of fish more expensive than a whole fish just across the street at the very good Massaman. Prices way too high for the place. 720 baths for a steak, which is as expensive as you could pay in a good north american restaurant.

• Visited November 2013
Juergen1964, Inhaber at Diver's Inn Steakhouse and International Cuisine, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Hello pldCanada,

thank you for reviewing our restaurant.
I think I have to explain a few things about our pricing:
the fish ( White Snapper) ordered by your wife is only meat which means we remove skin, offal, head, fins, bones and all the other non eatable parts of the fish. Doing that for almost 14 years our records show that an average of 60 % of the whole fish is waste. Take a fish of 500 gr in a seafood restaurant and put it on their scale, offal still in. The weight includes all the above mentioned non eatable parts but you pay for it. Than they clean the fish for you and it will be served with head and bones and fins. Take off the 60 % waste and left is 200 gr what you can eat. Average price in Ao Nang for a snapper is 60 Baht / 100gr, so you would pay 300 baht for the fish only. We charging 420 baht including potato side dish of your choice and a huge salad buffet, also providing imported olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
About the steak I am not sure you get an imported chilled Angus steak from Australia in Canada including side dish and salad buffet for the same price as here. In Germany I would pay less for the meat in a shop but definitely more in a restaurant but that all doesn`t matter for me as I have to buy the meat here in Thailand where every imported item is more expensive than in the countries they import it from and we calculate our prices here in Thailand and not in Canada or somewhere else. When the bill is paid we include a free cherry liqueur with the dinner as well. Both of you didn´t want it, up to you.
I remember we had a nice conversation at your table and when I explained you the salad buffet. I was back at your table while you where eating. Everything was ok. So what was wrong with the food ? Or did you just feel to rate the food as average because you think it is too expensive?
Did we ever force you to come to our restaurant? Prices are displayed in front of the restaurant and in the menus we provide to our customers. So no problem for you to leave and not order something, we don`t mind.
Please read the 2. review from that day, I like it. Young people who obviously had a nice dinner in our restaurant, enjoying themselves and not mourning about prices after they finished their food.

Hope you had a nice time in Thailand .

Jürgen Weber
Newport Beach, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place”
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

My wife had spaghetti and I had sirloin steak. It was super good. More $ than the neighboring restaurants but they serve imported beef and the steak was cooked to perfection. They had wine pairing suggestions and a non smoking section which was nice as we don't smoke. Highly recommend for a date night type dinner.