Travelocity
Orbitz.com
CheapTickets
Hotels.com
Snaptravel
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I initially just booked for the night. I chose the hotel as it was a good price with favourable reviews. I found the hotel very pleasant. I was a bit nervous as this was my first trip travelling on my own but I soon came to realsie a good hotel can make a big difference. The staff were all very helpful and always there to greet you with a smile. The hotel is about 10 minutes from the main beach area of Ao Nang, this was perfect for me as I prefer to stay away from the hustle but also be close enough by that I don't have to pay for taxi's or get public transport to the town. There are also loads of great restaurants and bars that you pass on your way to the beach so if it's too hot you can always stop for a beer or nice cocktail! Ao Nang itself is also a great base for the Krabi province. After enjoying my first night, I stayed for another and then used it as my main base while I travelled to some of Krabi's other great spots EG Koh Lanta, Phi Phi etc. Transfers to these areas are very easy to arrange either yourself or through the hotel. I also really recommend get the long tail taxi's to Railay and Tup - back some lunch and prepare for a great day. At the hotel the rooms are all very spacious and immaculate. The wifi was great and the air conditioning fab. This hotel is not 5 * but it is great value and I will be booking it next time I'm back and happy to recommend it to friends and family. Have a great holiday!

Room tip: Ask for a room at the back and up high - gives you a great view of the mountain! Is also nice and quite away from the main road.
Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank TanyaOC
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for two nights at Ascot Krabi, and staff and room was great. Only complaint was that the street outside literally seems to be right next to your bed when you're sleeping (despite being on the fourth floor). If AK improves the insulation from the balcony, it's a five rating for sure.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Dunno wat to expect when we booked Ascot in advance. We had a hard time locating Ascot once reaching Krabi town, as no one's within our circle seems to know the exact location of the hotel, even tuk tuk fella seems lost, but we're fated to meet a local Thai's residing in Stockholm who happened to be back in Krabi who helped us locating Ascot with such an ease and here we are,,

Walking in,we were greeted by Sharifah, a local girl and her colleague (dunno his name), Sun's must be really glad for having an ever helpful and awesome team running Ascot, as they make our family stay in Ascot & Krabi a memorable, funtastic one.The staff were very helpful especially Sharifah.From tours,motorbike renting and even finding food.The hospitality was amazing,even better than a 5 star hotel.The coffee maker donwtstaits is free of charge,so you could come down anytime you want and make coffee as many as you want.The staff and maanger,Mr. Sun spoke very good English which helped us a lot as most Thai people don't speak English fluently.To Mr Sun, Sharifah and friend who kept sending my extra bed at Ascot every night , a big pat on the back for being second to none with your 5 star treatment.Mr Sun,thanks for being so sunstatic! -Mr. Xtrabed :)

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Everything goes well, thank you for your servicesAscot Krabi Hotel named novadays Haleeva Sunshine.( Family owned hotel)
Thank you all for your hospitalitity and very good services especially Mr Sun. We stayed there more days than we planned. Hotel is not so near Ao Nang services but enough! Services are exellent. I recommend.
Br Heikki

Room tip: We have been there twice. All rooms are good, but rooms on the mountain side are not traffic noise at all. Notice that stairs are quite steep to the upper rooms.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Heikki_Hei
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I checked into Haleeva Sunshine last year. Fabulous stay. It makes the holiday trip more enjoyable. This year, we went back to Krabi for holiday again. Got to know from other blogger that Sun (ownerof Haleeva) took over the Ascot, another building next door. But I happen to read a few bad comment about Ascot. Based on my previous experience at Haleeva, I can't believe that there's any truth in it. After checking with Sun, I found that he actually took over Ascot sometime around Oct 2012. So....that explains !!

This stay at Ascot is EXCELLENT !! 3* room quality at a backpack price ! The staff are not only friendly (as everyone else said) they're the walking directory ! The english speaking ladies (especially the one with a head scalf - I don't know her name) practically knows everything from motorbike renting, activities to bus schedule ! Complementary beverage 24 hrs a day. A coffee drinker as I am, it's like walking into your own kitchen and you can have a cup of coffee anytime. What best is, every time we goes in or out the door, there's always someone greeting "Dinner ?","Hi !", "Don't forget your keys". You'll never find this in any 5* hotel. Who cares if you have your dinner ! I think the word "friendly" is not enough to describe this relationship. They are like family member. It's like a home.

I'm a regular traveller. But never that I go back to the same hotel just because of their enthuciasm. It's not about the location. It's not about the price. It's the people that matter.

Sun, give your girls a raise, will you ?!! :-)

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple