“Very expensive and awful cuisine.”
Review of Swiss Chalet

Swiss Chalet
Ranked #97 of 270 Restaurants in Ao Nang
Cuisines: German, Swiss, Thai, International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Now the Swiss Chalet is no longer a restaurant. We sell drinks exclusively.
Valencia, Spain
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very expensive and awful cuisine.”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

For Thai standard it is expensive and cuisine is awful. Usually I'm never disappointed with restaurants in Thailand. But this one is clearly made for tourists thats comes only once.

• Visited August 2014

• Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Cork, Ireland
“Thai food is delicious and freshly prepared. Seafood highly recommended”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We ate at Swiss Chalet every night we were in Ao Nang and it was delicious, although we stuck to the Thai menu as this was the most reasonable so I can't comment on the western food. Yes there was a little wait for the food, but I liked this as it was freshly prepared and everything we ordered was piping hot. I ordered seafood every night and it was cooked to perfection. Staff were really friendly and attentive and there was always a nice, relaxed atmosphere there. I would highly recommend the seafood or chicken with cashew nuts dish, as well as the seafood red curry. Portions were huge and there were lots of vegetables served with everything, something that is sorely lacking in a lot of Thai restaurants.

• Visited June 2014
Perth, Australia
“Just ok”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We decided to eat here because my boyfriend is Swiss. He was happy with what he had as he hadn't had that particular dish since he left Switzerland 8 years ago. I thought it was expensive by Thai standards. Apparently the breakfast is very good.

• Visited June 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“Authentic Thai food freshly prepared”
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Delicious authentic Thai food that was freshly prepared at reasonable prices.

That's how I would describe this restaurant. We had Tom yum soup, chicken basil with rice, pad Thai and it was all delicious.

They also provide travel packages as well as bike rentals. All under one roof. Convenient for all.

“Average food”
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

We had lunch at this restaurant. I ordered some Swiss food while my girlfriend went for thai food. She was not really happy with it, as there was not much taste in it.

My sausage-cheese salad was ok, not what we are used to eat in Switzerland, but ok. The cheese was not cut in cubes, it was more grated and looked like just taken out and defrosted. My main (Aelpler-makkaroni) was tasty and very similar to what you would get in Switzerland. The portions are normal sized, but big enough to leave the place not hungry anymore.

There is a lot of staff in this restaurant, or what we thought is staff. Many thai people walking around and doing some thing. That the lady who takes the orders still wears earphones and listen to music, was not really customer friendly.

Prices were a little bit on the high side for what you get. We would go back this place, if we really fancy some swiss food.