The rooms are BIG! We booked a pool access room and we absolutely loved it. The view is immaculate, with the mountains visible from out balcony. The bathroom was huge, separate shower and tub, lots of place to put your toiletries, safe provided, fridge, slippers, and remote control for lights by your bed. There is a couch plus a day bed too IN the room and you can still see that there's a lot of space around. Love the room!!!
Now for the staff: I woulda rated them POOR except for Mai who spoke good English and helped us with our concerns.
Things to improve:
1. The breakfast: We didn't reserve their breakfast but tried it on the first day. Forget about it. When we arrived at 8-ish, I had to ask the staff "Where is the food?". No meat at all. Salad dressing was just mayo. At THB300, that's a ripoff. Better head to the main road and find better options. We had lunch at Palm Court in Centara, the hotel beside it and absolutely loved their service and food.
2. Now the STAFF: 90% do not know how to communicate. They will just stare at you and call an an English-speaker. Only MAI is commendable among the staff members. Most of them are clueless when you ask them stuff. Be prepared to play "Charades", when explaining something. We requested for late checkout at 1:30pm, but the lady who confirmed this said the day after it should be 1pm. Had I not given her my "Are you kidding me?"-look, she would not have budged.
3. Communication Lines- very difficult to contact them via email or phone, compared to other Ao Nang hotels.
Location: The brochure says free tuktuk ride to the central area. This is not true. It's a THB20/person ride to the central area or a 15-20 minute walk. The unswimmable beach (big waves) is across the central area.
Heading back to Airport: Taxi will set you back THB600, but the travel agencies in the central area organize vans that'll pick you up from your hotel, on time surprisingly.
Pool Bar: Staff is indifferent.
Checkin: Kanika was a very friendly staff member, but we hardly saw her after we checked in. She gave all the recommendations like restaurants, gym, and the motorbikes for rent.
Will we stay here again? Maybe. Maybe not. All in all, all we really liked are the rooms and the pool. Other than that, for someone who's celebrating his birthday (my travel partner), he would have felt more special in another hotel. Nagapura should train their staff more in customer service. It was painful to see them clueless after each question. Well if you will just lock yourself in your room, then you may just ignore the staff and enjoy this paradise.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Naga Pura Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Naga Pura Hotel Ao Nang
- Naga Pura Resort And Spa
- Naga Pura Resort & Spa Krabi/Ao Nang