“Be warned.....stay away!”

and 1 more site!
Baywatch Boutique Hotel Ao Nang
Ranked #96 of 109 Hotels in Ao Nang
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I have been meaning to write a review about this hotel since staying there a few weeks ago hoping that anybody who reads this will have the sense to stay away from this place.
I am not a negative person and always try to look at the positives in people and locations whilst travelling but I'm finding it very difficult to think of anything positive to say about this place. So I'll get to the point.
When I arrived at the hotel (it's a disgrace it calls itself a hotel) I asked to see the rooms and was shown a room which on the face of it looked ok. I agreed to book the room for myself for two nights and also booked a room for my travelling friend and was told the room would be the same. On my return with our bags I was told that I couldn't have the room I was shown and was given another which the hotel receptionist said the floor "has many colours.....very colourful" it certainly did.....it was also very greasy and dirty.
The running water was rusty and smelt terrible so I always used bottled water to brush my teeth.....I would say the bathroom water was dangerous. The water from the shower was the same and once out of the shower your body would be left with the odour of rusty metal. The shower cap was so clogged with dirt I took it off and showered just using the hose. The staff who work here seriously need a lesson in manners. At night the reception was manned by a couple of guys who couldn't raise a smile and were more concerned with using the computers or gazing into their mobiles and if you asked them a question you felt like you had disturbed them........complete muppets and that's being kind.
The cleaners spend most of the time sat on their backsides talking in the corridors......talking very loudly and often shouting at each other which explains why the rooms aren't correctly cleaned......at one point I wanted to borrow a mop and bucket and clean my rooms floor myself.
Now if you are the sort of person that needs a good nights sleep to get the most out of your travels definitely stay away as the bars downstairs play live music every night to the early hours and once they have stopped other music is played. The music didn't bother me as I thought the bands were great to listen to but what did bother me was at 08.00 I was woken by continuous hammering on the room opposite me! When I investigated the room had builders in as they were doing some work to the room......very very loud work. As you can imagine I was very annoyed as no member of the Notel (I'v made up Notel as this place can't call itself a Hotel) had had the manners or intelligence to let me know that building work was taking place in the room opposite me. Now maybe the owner of this place has read a few reviews on Travel Advisor and is making an effort to invest in the Notel. I hope that also includes new plumbing, new furnishings and above all new polite staff who understand how to work with travellers.......with a smile and honesty. Only one member of staff smiled in my two days here.
To anyone reading this my advice to you is please have the patience to look for a better place to stay, it might feel ideal as its close to the beach but there are plenty of other places in the area and also at a better price.
Happy travels and make the most of the Ao Nang area as it is beautiful.
Rod

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
8  Thank rods-trip
There are newer reviews for Baywatch Boutique Hotel Ao Nang

Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

When we arrived we thought what an excellent location, we weren't greeted with the warmest of welcomes but we didn't think too much into it, we were shown to our room and quite pleasantly surprised at the size of it, however it looked a lot more dingy compared to photos we had seen online.
Both very hot and tired from getting here we turned on the air con which barely made any difference! Then we had showers, they were the longest showers we ever had in our lives due to the ungenerous trickle of water (we did mention this to the reception twice but nothing happened!).
Being in a cheap hostel previously my friend got bitten by bed bugs, after the first night here she noticed she had new bites and that's when we found a BED BUG on my bed! Neither of us could sleep properly afterwards and some advice from a fellow traveller in a bar last night told us where to look for them if they were festering in our room! We were worried we had brought them with us! Well when we looked further into it ( by checking in the creases of our mattress) we were horrified to find between 8 to 20 bed bugs, lots of bug poo and old shells, all with fresh blood! This confirmed that we had not brought them as it would have taken weeks for them to get this severe! I ran to reception and told the guy at the desk who by the way has less enthusiasm about him than an ant, and he didnt seem to care, just gave us another key to a room with only one bed! We were due to stay another two nights but taking everything into account, the lack of personality from staff, the cleanliness of the room and then the bed bugs we decided to get out ASAP! We asked for a refund but were refused. It was cheap but we have stayed in nicer places for cheaper and better service!
Found some lovely bungalows which are very clean and actually cheaper, bigger, has shower and air con that actually work, service lovely and are cheaper than Venice on the beach and only about a 3 minute walk further away!! Green park bungalows!
Please look around and make sure if u do stay here, have a look at the room first, including the mattress creases underneath the sheet! It's made us very cautious and we have wasted a whole day because of it!!

• Stayed: April 2013
8  Thank blondebex
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Cheap and cheerful hotel. Stayed here for 4 nights with 3 other friends in the huge family room. Provides comfortable beds, a large balcony, excellent power shower, just yards away from a great beach. The staff were very helpful with us booking extra nights and excursions. We also used the laundry service which was very cheap and quick, and there is also free Internet on two computers in the lobby. The free breakfast provided was also satisfactory. The two main let downs of the hotel are 1) how noisy it gets at night because of the amount of bars nearby, and 2) the poor air conditioning in the room. But if you want a cheap hotel near the beach, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We arrived to Ao Nang quite late so we walk in the main area and ask for a room. As the hotel is well located we thought it might be expensive but wasn’t and we easily bargain a bit for 600 bats the room. The problem was the noise, you could have a party in the room cos the music was just inside.. Impossible to sleep till 3AM or so.. The room was big, clean and toilet was OK (some rust in junctions).
The breakfast was not included although it had a pool. The next day we moved to another hostel quite close and small but at least, quiet.

Room Tip: If you're going to go out and party, it doesnt matter because you'll sleep during the morini...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2012

The hotel is situated in the middle of the beach bazaar and there are 3 bars nearby and you just imagine having drunk people singing karaoke at 3am in the morning! The receptionist did not allow more than 2 person to be in the room at 1 time even for a quick hangout and chit-chatting however, we saw some bachelors brought home more than 2 hookers to be with them inside 1 room and they didn't say anything. My other 3 friends and I were interrogated by guards when we came out of the room as if we have done felony or something. The hotel staff really are a disgrace of Thai people and Asians. The tap water tastes weird I almost puke every time I brush my teeth! The toilet didn't flush so good and you just have to flush more than 2 times to get rid of floaties. So not worth the price of 1000BHT (around 33USD/night) and to ever come to Thailand you would expect things to be cheaper. This kind of rate and service, to the dirty tap water, I suggest to go find a guest house instead, run by families and is well-kept and with way cheaper rates. Having had to stay at this hotel, i regret not only staying there but I regret to even have gone to Thailand! i WILL NOT COME AGAIN TO AONANG! Simply said - Do not stay here!

Room Tip: you wont ever find one. Go ahead find other hotels.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Micheliachampaca
Reviewed February 29, 2012

I have never experienced things like this before. This hotel was the total bad choice for us. Travelling with my hubby & my 2 boys (aged 7 & 6).
Service was bad. For breakfast, you have to go to their parent hotel (walking distance but takes about 7 mins to arrive). We decided not to have breakfast during our stay.
During our check out day, the receptionist accused my husband smoking in the room which he didn't. She forced him to admit it but he refused. So we decided to leave earlier before the check out time.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Dewi_Andra
Reviewed February 18, 2012

If you must listen to bad, out-of-tune versions of the street busking classics of the past half century in order to fall asleep, this is the place for you. For anyone else, prepare to stay sleepless until 2 am. This hotel lies right at the Aonang "downtown". One good thing: walk straight across the street, and you're on the beach. Staff is friendly as anywhere else in Thailand. Rooms and pool are basic. One sweet little thing: The cleaning lady folds the towels into origami animals.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, make sure to get one of the few rooms facing away from the "Wlaking stre...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family