“Actually fine”

Ranked #117 of 142 Specialty Lodging in Ao Nang
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Actually fine”
Reviewed December 27, 2011

We stayed in twin palms for 4 nights over Christmas and it was mad. So busy because of Christmas.

I had read the previous reviews (after I booked it) and I was expecting the worse place ever!! I was actually very happy after expecting creatures, bed bugs, mozzies, horrible staff etc.

We didn't see 1 mozzy in the room in 4 days. The room was clean, no bed bugs. The aircon and fan was fab (better than our previous 5 star hotel). The room is very small no room for suitcases or to hang anything. The bed /pillows was very comfortable.

There is a COLD shower only. This is not advertised (as being cold) but we were expecting a cold shower and it was fine.

The ensuite had big holes in the roof so make sure the ensuite door is shut or the creatures will come into the bedroom. I didn't have a shower when it was dark as thought the mozzies will fly in.

There is no maid service at all. We had to ask for extra loo role.

The noise (from the bars) stop at 1.00 ish which is fine as long as you don't want to go to bed too early.

The huts are right behind the main beach bars (woodys).

There is a safety deposit box in reception.

The staff were very friendly.

I would recommend this place. Just don't expect luxury. You pay for what you get. Definitely get an aircon room. I can't imagine how hot a non aircon room would be.

• Stayed December 2011

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed October 31, 2011

The place is adorable and right on the beach. I stayed here about 3 years ago and it was everything I dreamed of. Now it turns into a rave party about 8-1am every night. It's is impossie to sleep through it. Additionally we and the people next door to us had terrible bed bugs. After the couple next door left they rented the room 5 minutes later to another couple who had no idea. They also wouldn't give us our money back for the second night even after waking up with blood all over the sheets in the morning from bed bug bites!

• Stayed October 2011

Travelers are raving about these Ao Nang hotels

Bangalore
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Hi, Twin Palms is everything the previous reviews have said. Modest beach shacks, on Loh Dalum (away from the Tton Sai pier) and close to the party scene. In terms of location it's probably the best. But the shacks are only a little better than the shacks in Goa, perhaps a little more expensive, We paid 600 bht in off season, for the non-ac non-hot water room.

We loved it because it was just next door to Slinky bar (our favorite beach party in Phi Phi). We would easily sneak back into our rooms to refill our buckets and use the loo.
One word of caution to other women travelers though, the guy at the reception at night is a bit of a creep. Whenever we would come back to ask for our room keys he'd try to chat us up and he was surely high on something and it wasn't alcohol...

Twin palms is a great place to meet other travelers, since the rooms are so small people are usually found outside lazying on the wonderful jute easy-chairs attached to the rooms. And there is plenty of music all around. Strictly for non-fussy travelers, for whom just a simple bed to crash in the wee hours of morning is fine.

Room Tip: If you're traveling during the monsoon, it can get pretty wet and cold. You might want to shell...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Uk, Dorset
Reviewed September 11, 2011

We stayed for just the one night, but the bungalows/ HUT's are in the best location!!! Pretty much right on the beach, great to nip back to during the beach party's to use your own toilet instead of paying 10bht everytime you want to pee, but thats just Thailand, and we love it. We had a fan bungalow,no bedding, cold water and NOT the most amazing place i have ever stepped foot into, but they looked beautiful from the outside and i think they are a 'must do' for the full thailand experience!! and for what we paid ( i think about £13.00) what more can you expect??!! the reception have saftey deposit boxes for your valubles, ideal.
If you want a cheap stay in the best spot then choose here, but dont expect luxury! oh, and maybe some added gecko guests on the balcony!!! ...... our daughter is off to Phi Phi next year and we have reccomended them to her, so cant be that bad eh?.........

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Usuki, Japan
Reviewed August 31, 2011

This is a very basic bungalow with a bed and a bathroom and not much else. The bed was clean and comfortable, but the bathroom was pretty average. The A/C and fan worked great. The staff was helpful. The location was good for me – about a ten minute walk from the ferry (with someone at the pier to help with my bags), and a stone’s throw from the ocean. You could go to the beach, the bar, the internet café, the convenience store and several restaurants without even putting on your shoes. The front porch of the bungalow was very nice to relax on and easy to fall asleep in the comfortable chair with the cool breeze blowing. The downside was definitely the noise. The music from the club is pretty loud until 2am, so if you are a light sleeper or an early sleeper, or you have kids, this is not the place for you. I enjoyed my stay here very much – the price and location were perfect for me, and I loved being so close to the ocean and the party.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Michael H
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed July 5, 2011

This courtyard hotel is located in the middle of Phi Phi Island close to the ferries and the beach. Virtually all of the clean and well appointed rooms face the small but enjoyable pool. If you want, get a room on the main floor that allows you instant access to the pool. Because the hotel is courtyard style you are protected from the ever present noise outside.

Room Tip: Make sure your room faces the pool.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 8, 2011

Hey guys!

Before I booked this hotel I read all the reviews thinking the hotel could not be that bad!
Well guess what it is!! First of all we were welcome by a SheMale..

I read about the "between 2 bars" and I told myself that it would be ok to be surrounded by beach bars thinking that Bob Marley and manu chao was great on holiday! Well I was super disappointed!!!

This place suck soooo bad! Really Really suck! all you can hear is euro trash music, bungalow stink + no mosquito net and not that clean either!!!

WARNING!!! DO NOT USE the tattoo shop infront of the hotel! They really F^% me badly and F%@#$^ my tattoo did something I didn't want to have did not respect the drawing i gave them!

Secondly Gave me an estimate of 4h on a tattoo, 5h1/2h later the tattoo was 1/2 way done.. all the guy had to say to defend himself was "same same" I tried to get some money back out of them and they didn't want to hear anything. They did not have a card machine so they used the hotel one and for sure the hotel got a commission! This place is certainly own by the Thai mafia! I am begging you don't stay there!!!

In fact.. we had booked and paid for 2 nights and ended up staying 1 night and didn't get a refund for the last one.

This place is hell!!!!!

Room Tip: dont stay there!!!!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
#61 of 88 in Ko Phi Phi Don
Rantee Cliff Beach Resort
Rantee Cliff Beach Resort
#26 of 62 in Ko Phi Phi Don

Been to Phi Phi Twin Palms Bungalow? Share your experiences!