“Must have missed the memo!”

Andaman Camp and Day Cruise
Ranked #4 of 48 Tours in Ao Nang
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer private, customised day trips at sea and on land, designed to show you the the local area and lifestyle in a relaxed and friendly way. We also do camping and extended trips around the islands and can arrange accommodation, transfers and activities. Families with young children and older or disabled travellers are welcome, and special needs can be accommodated. For more information, visit our website or email any time for a prompt response.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Booked this due to the good reviews on trip advisor before we left the UK. Elizabeth was very good at responding to e mails and was very informative.
On the day we were collected early by our guide - and told we were going to travel to the boat in a tuk tuk as the driver was "sick", this was ok though and no big drama.
Conversation was stilted with our guide - Sophie I think. We travelled to Hong as arranged and went into the lagoon which was beautiful - we got off the boat and had a swim which was lovely - however we were not given any idea of how long we would be there for or when we should get back on the boat. We got back on and by this time the driver of our boat was chatting to another driver - so we waited ten minutes for him to finish his conversation and then moved on.
We visited other islands which I can't tell you the names of - as we weren't told. On one there were fish that gather around you if you feed them bread - Sophie had bread with her but we were not told about this, I saw it in the basket afterwards. On Hong we smoked on the beach - only seeing the signs afterwards about being fined 2000bht - Sophie knew we smoked and failed to mention there are smoking areas. Also we were not warned about the coral being in shallow areas so I cut my foot. I would have thought these were basic things a guide would point out and seen as how that's what we were paying for I was disappointed. She also only once offered half heartedly to take a photo of us together.
Elizabeth had e mailed asking if there was any food dislikes we had, I mentioned that i was not keen on spicy food - on the day we were presented with curry, some vegetables that were spicy and generally food I couldn't eat due to the spices - so my response was disregarded..
To be honest - you can go down to the long tail boat offices and privately rent a boat for around 2000bht and they will take you where you want, only difference is you would have to buy your own food - around 200bht. We paid andaman 6000 baht and did not think this value for money at all.

8  Thank Monty657

Reviewed May 1, 2013

We were in Ao Nong area for 9 days .. we did a lot - we took long boats - rent private long boats - took speed boats to phi phi and then I found Andaman - wish I had done it sooner.

Their long boats are bigger - better maintained - better staffed than any thing else we experienced - the food is home made - not buffet line chow - you go at your own pace not someone elses pace.

Elizabeth well give you recommendation about the rest of your stay as well - she arranged for a car to Phuket airport for us at the end of our stay. While you may not need the level of service if you are going to one nearby island - if you are making a day of it - and want to visit many island you owe it to you and the group you are with to see if they are available. it might be 1,000 baht more for a group of you but that is nothing compared to the service you get for your group.

wish I would have started with Andaman instead of ending with them - but so happy I got the chance to spend our day to hong island with them.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We did the full-day Hong Islands boat trip from Centara Grand Beach Resort in Krabi on the 15th April. Elizabeth and Sun were so friendly and full of helpful advice. My children especialy liked playing with their son Noah who came along for the day. I couldn't fault anything about the trip. Everything was orgainsed so well and the Thai food they prepared for us was absolutely delicious, especialy the black sticky rice which was to die for!! Their long-tail boat is also very large with lots of shelter if you need it and is very easy to move around in even when the boat is moving. This tour was the highlight of our two-weks in Krabi.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Elizabeth from Andaman Camp and Day Cruise was super helpful - offered good advise even from our first contact thru emails. We were traveling with our 1-year old daughter and we wanted to join a full day AND a sunset cruise. Glad that Elizabeth suggested us to take the full day only as my daughter could get tired after a full day under the sun. She was so RIGHT!

The Hong islands tour was AMAZING! Beautiful scenery indeed! We took it easy throughout the day as we have the whole boat to ourselves. We really enjoyed it. My daughter likes Elizabeth a lot too. She's such a nice and sweet lady. And not to mention the delicious lunch Elizabeth's husband made! The dessert was to die for!!!

We will definitely join them again for another cruise or even camping next time when we come back to Krabi, and when my daughter is older. :)

Reviewed April 17, 2013

In trying to find a reliable tour operator who can provide personalised experience in Ao Nang, we gathered information from various sources but ultimately decided on Andaman Camp & Cruise based on positive TA reviews.
From the very beginning what impressed me was there quick and to the point response. Even considering the time difference between UAE and Thailand we received there feedbacks within a few hours. Another positive was there willingness to accommodate our plans and not pushing any particular programme of their own. We did the Hong Island tour by boat and the Minibus tour including Khai Phanom Bencha waterfalls, Tiger Temple Cave and Emerald Pool with them. I have to say one of the highlights of our Cambodia/Thailand trip was the Hong Island tour. Son, our driver, boat captain, chef and all other things, picked us up from our hotel on time and took us to the boat where we meet our guide Christie. We cannot praise both of them enough particularly Son who had prepared one of the best food we had in Thailand. It was simple but delicious. Son also helped our son to search for star fishes at the lagoon.
In contrast the second day tour was not that great but we did enjoy the Huay waterfall and the Tiger Cave Temple and its surroundings. Unfortunately we cannot say the same for Emerald Pool which was overcrowded and not impressive at all.
Overall we were very happy with the service provided by Andaman Camp & Cruise and if you are looking for private tours at Ao Nang then we have no hesitation in recommending them. Since we did the Phi Phi island tour with another operator by speedboat in consideration to the distance involved, we came to appreciate the service of Andaman Camp & Cruise even more and regretted not doing the same tour with them.