“Terrible service”

Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
“Terrible service”
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

We went to this place for the "all you can eat pasta". But was thoroughly disappointed.

Food was mediocre and service was horrible. Had to wait almost an hour for food to arrive and the waiters just can't be bothered to make haste. Waiters and the few bosses seem to look down upon "cheapskate" people like me and my boyfriend who just wants to check out the restaurant without burning a hole in our wallets.

Will never recommend nor will ever return to this awful place.

2 Thank Audrey C

Gauteng, South Africa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Island pizza”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Great italian pizza! Wished we had gone again - We definitely reccommend this stop to island visitors. :)

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Tracy S
Krabi Town, Thailand
“Pricey and tasteless food”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I visited La Luna as it looked nice aesthetically from the outside and there was ample space to eat.

However I won't be eating there again, unfortunately.

The customer service was average at best from the waiter. He shoved the menues down in the table and seemed to be more interested in watching the HD TV which was plastered on the wall. The British man (I assume he's the owner) was pleasant and cheery however.

I decided to order the special homemade lasagne, which was advertised on the wall. This was 300 baht and I also ordered some French fries.

Upon receiving the food, I was disappointed. The lasagne wasn't presented at all well, and there was a handful of fries only.

The taste of the food? Well, let's put it this way, I would have sent it straight back if I was in the UK and if I wasn't so hungry! It wasn't fresh at all and was cooked from frozen, the taste was comparable to a Tesco's microwave meal. Bland, no flavour and just layers of thick cheese to disguise the messy presentation.

Maybe I should have stuck to ordering a pizza.. But I certainly won't be going here again.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Ash P
“More than disappointing”
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Overall: the lasagna (which was on the today's special menu) tasted very plain - it seemed to have come straight out of a microwave - and bits of the center part was still cold! The lemon juice tasted strange - even a bit bitter. The only good thing was that the food "looked" nice and staff were kind of friendly. I live on phi phi island (which in my own opinion is the most expensive area in Thailand as it's a small island) and I could easily find a lasagna on phi phi that's half the price and that's twice as delicious. In my opinion it's definitely not worthy to pay the price on the menu for this quality of food!

“Frustratingly poor”
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

So they had a great 200b all you can eat (every Friday) deal which I went for.

I like my pizzas but I am not comparing this experience to Italy, or even the UK (say Pizza Express or Zizzis). The restaurant is in a small beach town in Thailand so expectations were adjusted accordingly... But even so adjusted, it was a poor experience.

I started with the Hawaiian where the pineapple tasted like bubblegum, then the Diavola where the salami tasted greasy and the cheese was some kind of salty cheddar, then finished on the Quattro Fromagi that was also overly salty.

But despite the apparently poor ingredients of the pizzas the most frustrating thing was the fact that they were only two-thirds covered in topping. Unless I have missed a trick and this is how all Thai pizzas are, having a third of each slice covered only in a tomato base is just plain stingy. This may be a ploy to try and dish out fewer 'all you can eat' pizzas, but it was annoying and counter intuitive for fatties like myself who would just order another pizza. Check the photos I put up as I considered it ridiculous.

To top it off, the chap whom I assumed to be manager was taking snaps of his busy restaurant on his phone, ignoring the fact that I was quite ignorantly trying to highlight the lack of topping by eating only the inside that was covered...

Just to confirm I didn't get a rogue pizza, all three pizzas were like that. This confirmed it was a restaurant policy, but might be limited to the 'all you can eat' pizzas.

So, it was not a terrible experience because the staff and decor were better than terrible and the main consolation was that I could eat as many bad pizzas as I could manage for 200b and did my best in consuming three (I even finished most of the tomato base...).

I did question why I was eating a pizza in a beach town in Thailand (rather than all of the nice Thai food), but it seemed like a good idea at the time. It was definitely not a good idea and I would strongly recommend either choosing something else on the menu (may have better luck), or eating elsewhere.

I would like to see a poll of the best pizza place in town as I would be incredibly disappointed if this was it.