Bernie's Place
$58
$48
Agoda.com
3 Bees Resort(Ao Nang)(Great Value!)
$13
Ao Nang Home Stay(Ao Nang)(Great Value!)
$22
$21
Trip.com
$241
$196
Trip.com
Chatchada Antique House(Ao Nang)(Great Value!)
$19
Lux Family Villas(Ao Nang)(Great Value!)
$178
$45
Glur Hostel(Ao Nang)(Great Value!)
$29
$18
Hotels.com
At Aonang Guesthouse(Ao Nang)(Great Value!)
$27
$22
$64
$61
Travelocity
$58
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We ate here twice. The guy outside doing the grilling was really friendly - the female 'waitresses', and we use the term very loosely, were more interested in playing on their phones an computers than greeting and serving customers. They were all very unfriendly - this was not 'the land of smiles' experience at all!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank irishjenny25
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed for just one night and we wanted something cheap. Bernie's was definitely cheap and it's easy to see why. The rooms are very basic- fan, beds, lock-box. Bathroom was shared down the hall and the drain didn't work very well so we had a couple inches of water in the whole bathroom after a shower which was pretty gross. I wouldn't have wanted to stay here longer, but for one night, it was fine - great location right by the beach and super cheap!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We came across this place whilst looking for a room. Although there was no room available, we noticed the sign for all you can eat buffet... 250bt meat and 150bt veggie. We thought nothing of this.

Later when we were going towards the main food places, we noticed a delectable looking modest buffet. Upon closer look, the buffet was not so modest, but in fact had a large array of salads, stir fried veg dishes, rice, noodles, lasagne, chips, soup, and barbeque meat. As for dessert, there was fruit, waffles, cakes and ice cream. This was in fact bernies!

We decided to give it a go... and ended up eating there on all 3 nights we were in ao nang. The buffet variety was exceptional for a budget buffet with a good range of thai and western food. Food tasted delicious, all meat and veg were of high quality. Drinks are also very reasonably priced.

Staff were very polite, friendly and worked hard. Would most definately go here again.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I feel conflicted as I write this review because as the room was terrible, like really not great; on the other hand the staff were very pleasant as was the owner.. After a 40 hour trip from Chiang Mai I was desperate just to down bags and head straight for the beach. Found Bernies, it was cheap, maybe 300baht for 2 people during quiet season (wow!!) However the room was boiling hot, pointless fan, the whole place was just a bit strange and dirty. Needless to say, once we came back from the beach we just couldn't stay here and left. Why I feel bad is because the owner gave us 200baht back as we politely returned him the keys and made our excuses..

It is unbelievably cheap so I guess the price does reflect the quality, if you're really roughing it then go for it as Ao Nang isn't really that cheap. It's only 2 minutes from the beach and the staff are nice.. Have a look?

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hbrett_8
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

I was looking for a cheaper guest house to stay at near the beach and found Bernie's . It was 500 baht for a room and I had 2 extra beds . I tried to get some travelers to share but was out of luck. I booked for 5 days since I was suppose to do diving course but due to some circumstances I could not and there for did not want to stay in krabi for 5 days . I had a beer during happy hour there and then went to talk to the reception girl . Told her I can only stay 2 nights and she as nice and refunded me the other money which I greatly appreciated . Prices near the beach are all steep but u hear the buffet was good .

• Stayed: February 2013