Cliff View Resort
Deevana Plaza Krabi Aonang(Ao Nang)(Great Value!)
$55
$48
Aonang Cliff Beach Resort(Ao Nang)(Great Value!)
$76
$61
Krabi Resort(Ao Nang)(Great Value!)
$249
$44
$93
$61
Agoda.com
Phra Nang Inn(Ao Nang)(Great Value!)
$49
$126
$81
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsevery hourstandard bungalowfan roomfree shuttlecheapest bungalowbarracuda toursjungle settingthe shuttle driverswimming pooljungle feelthe main roadmosquito netstayed here for nightsquiet areanice poolbreakfast buffet isturkeys
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We stayed at the Ao Nang Cliff view due to a pleasant stay last year, but man did we regret ever coming back!

We arrived and were show to our bungalow, the bungalow that we were show to was horrible. The curtains and bedding were grimy and covered in mildew, we complained at the reception desk and were moved to a much nicer bungalow.

Our new bungalow was on top of the gym and sauna and had a stunning view over the swimming pool and up at the cliffs. Our first night in the Bungalow was fine and without incident.

Our second night was where it all started to go wrong, we were woken in the early hours by multiple scratching and chewing sounds coming from all over the bungalow, as I sat to see where the noises were coming from I saw several mice run across the floor and disappear.

For the rest of the night we had to deal with grinding and chewing noises and mice crawling all over the bungalow... over shelves, our luggage and all over the floor. We even had to resort to filling various holes we found with shaving foam to stop the mice entering- but this didn't work. (see pictures)

As were we on an excursion the following day we didn't report it to the reception until the late afternoon, the reaction was 'not bothered' to say the least. The woman at the desk just smirked and sucked her teeth at us- but we were moved to Bungalow number 3.

Our third Bungalow was simply lovely (and more like the ones we stayed in during our previous stay) it had a large veranda which looked out onto the stunning jungle. One thing that this place has going for it is the setting- simply stunning.

The property is stunning, the environment is very relaxing and set in beautiful jungle.

The biggest let down are the staff- horrendously rude! There are hourly shuttle trips to and from Ao Nang town to the resort- when the driver feels like it.

When we'd go to get the bus the driver would be asleep and when he realised we wanted to be driven into Ao Nang he would point at us and shout in Thai, the only thing we could understand was "farang" which loosely means foreigner ( so we knew he was talking about us).

We regularly found ourselves waiting in the town for a bus that didn't arrive, on occasion we called the hotel and got them to send the driver. On these occasions he drove obscenely fast and dangerously on the roads as if to 'teach us a lesson'.

On both occasions that we stayed here neither my partner or I touched the breakfast, its stale and left out without cover leaving it covered in flies. Probably quite dangerous.

The staff at Ao Nang make sure that you know you are a hinderance to their life, constantly sighing and tutting when asked questions ect.

The driver(s) and the staff in general were so rude that other guests we met commented on how awful it was. The only time the service ever picked up was when the staff were clambering over themselves to put our bags in the taxi when we left... otherwise known as 'tip time'.

I really would not recommend staying at this hotel, yes it offers value for money in terms of the low prices for a stunning location. But does not offer value for money if you value not having mice run all over your possessions and having the staff treat you with respect.

Room Tip: A room without mice running around and mouse droppings everywhere.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank danhnq
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Well here is a prime example of a "resort" not resembling anything like its photgraphs. I like basic, i like rustic and i like rural... I do NOT like dirty, overgrown, crap food and misleading advertising. We arrived quite excited about the little backwater hotel with its bungalow style accomodations and we were checked in with no issues then shown to our room by the guy who gave us the keys at the door and then left (promptly).
The jungle had clearly taken over this resort to the point of not being able to walk on the paths, and we had to fight our way through bushes just to climb the steps to the bungalow. The outdoor seating was dirty and the wooden floor was mossy and litterd with leaves which hadn't been swept in what looked like months!
The Room was basic and i could live with that, but upon closer examination the bedding was stained an off yellow and thin, the towels were threadbear, the walls were speckled with previous travellers mosquito kills and the bathroom was just grusome. Rusty metalwork to hold your toiletries, dirty sink and a shower that simply dripped (such joy for those who actually have a full head of hair). There was a wooden board in the bathroom ceiling which opened directly outside and did not sit within its space, leaving a large gap for those creepy crawlies to wander in. The bedroom had an additional side door which led out onto a joint veranda, but unfortunately it was warped so badly that it had a gap between it and the frame (mosquito heaven). Both doors did have a internal insect shield which coincidentally were also warped so they didnt fit flush either. I was starting to understand the pattern splatters on the walls.
Trying not to feel too downhearted we headed for the pool which was small, but in a lovely setting against the dramtic cliff. Unfortunately the loungers were rotten and needed replacing.
Breakfast was sad and unorganised, the food was horrible, bland and covered in insects after jam pots were left strewn about and staff seemed totally uniterested in keeping the areas clean. I settled for a boiled egg and a chunk of bread (safest option).
We managed just one night before leaving! The only positive is that the receptionist gave us our money back for the other 8 nights were were booked in for which allowed us to pull our bags just 100 yards next door to to 4* Phu Petra hotel. Thank God !!
This resort was the worst accomodation i have ever stayed in and I've 'roughed' it a few times. I am dumbfounded at the positive reviews to the point that i think they must have been drugged or paid a tidy sum to write them.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Listersmith
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I loved my time here. Clean fan room. Okay food - not the best but great deal compared to other places. I also got a free 4 island trip because I stayed 3+ nights. It's away from the loud beach area and has incredible scenery and a clean pool which is perfect since Ao Nang beach is not exactly the best beach around. I'd go back.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Ok, so you get what you pay for; Apart from the lovely natural surroundings, jungle gardens & cliffside view, pretty much all else is cheap & nasty. Tired old dirty bungalows, Dirty pool with trash remaining in ashtrays, rude kitchen staff cooking mediocre food and to top it off a pretty nasty snide attitude to guests. Even their so called hourly pickup & delivery had its problems. The ststem is that you call into their travel office barracuda on the main street 10 mins before the hour to request pickup.Their uninterested lazy staff didnt bother or forgot to ring ahead for me & also another group who had done so & were now waiting on the side of the road for pickup. This could easily been forgiven and been overlooked as a once off if the attitude of the travel agent staff wasnt then so terrible. Wen one of the waiting went across to the office to see what the problem was, they chose to blame him for not calling ahead, He requested that they now call & the guy actually refused? which was an absolutely terrible attitude considering the group waiting included 4 small children in the dark. I then made a further request to call the guesthouse & the same guy was equally obnoxious to me. When I again requested they call the guesthouse, the girls did finally put me through. Nearly an hour later we were finally picked up & on arrival the driver angrily demanded we go speak with the office who immediate pursued the 'you stupid tourist' thing, dont you know how to call ahead. I made sure that he was aware that yes, all parties knew how to & had been doing just that everyday, it was the office staff that did not relay the message.This general lack of interest & underlying dislike of their customers is actually the worst I've come across in travelling in Thailand so far. I can only recommend go elsewhere, this place truly sucks!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We stayed 5 nights in this resort and chosed a basic bungalow with fan. The place is amazing. The bungalows are situated in a tropical garden with a huge cliff in the back of the resort. The pool was great. The resort is not located in the beach area but they organise free transport every hour to the beach. The bungalow was cleaned each day. and staff was very helpfull with our demands.

For those who want to workout there is also a fitness room.

Concidered the price we paid this was a very good deal!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple