“Worst experience ever”

PK Mansion
Ranked #76 of 123 Ao Nang B&B and Inns
“Worst experience ever”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

As we were a little bit late booking our accommodation we stayed here two nights as a fallback option. We hadn't had any great expectations, but what we experienced there fell greatly below ours.
The room was dirty and smelly. We had no warm water and cables came out of the ceiling. The bathroom has not been clean up from previous visitors. It was really disappointing.
The whole complex has very thin walls, so you can hear people snoring and talking. The personal doesn't seen to care. They were unpleasant and were not able to speak any English. The nice view is, to be honest, non-existent and wouldn't make up the other flaws anyway.

Overall, wouldn't go there again, even if my life depends on it!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Stayed one night in the beginning of december 2013. The place has a really good location, near the beach and all the shops and restaurants. The room was clean, good bed and a balcony. They have different buildings all next to one another, I think I stayed in the one that was called Topview. Room was 1200 baht with ac. Stayed in the third floor. Even when the cars kept going late at night and people were out and about, no noise came to the room.

The staff was a bit odd, they avoided eye contact even when I was trying to book and pay the room. One young girl/lady was the only one who was fluid in english and she was really nice and helpful. The old women there were a bit rude but then I just let them be. The rooms don't have wifi, you have to pay 50 baht to get it and that is good for your whole stay. There is free wifi at the reception/restaurant are. Breakfast not included, I think they offered some if you order and pay ( didn't try that at all). There wasn't much hot water in this place and and the amount of water water coming from the shower was small. But if you can do with cold water, it's okay.

Good place if you're on a budget, might be able to bargain a bit if you stay several nights.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you book. Even though my room was facing a bit towards the street, no noi...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for two nights in pk mansion. The hotel is nice and clean, don't expect nothing too fancy tough. We had a room with sea view. The place is 15 km from the tigre cave, costs are approximately 800 baht by cab (the owner of the hotel can take you). Overall a nice place.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Petah Tiqwa, Israel
Reviewed October 1, 2013

When you go up the road to the P.K. Mansion they have 3 buildings: 2 on the left side, where the reception is and 1 on the right side (white color). This review is about the right side one.

The room looks good in overall and the view is nice. The furniture is new and it's very clean. Room design is also nice and the reception staff is nice too.
The bathroom small window didn't close entirely so I had to work a bit to close it; but he scariest appeared to be the entrance door, which had a lousy locker chain from the inside. We woke up in the middle of the night an the door was open, held only by that chain. One could easily insert his hand and open that chain - we tried afterwards and succeeded. Luckily no one entered and no belongings disappeared. I don't know about the robberies in Ao Nang, but next hotels I went to there were with a good chain and safety box.

Room Tip: Get a room with good locker from inside and a safety box.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Ao Nang hotels

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Granted we got the cheapest option for 3 of us girls, but one of the worst places I've stayed in... Ever. The room smelled like mold, we had to get drunk so we could try to fall asleep as fast as possible. Bugs everywhere, and I don't mean the normal Thailand, bug here bug there thing. This room was terrible. We all felt dirtier after showering there. Don't do it, or upgrade. Not a good option for budget travelers.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank AlixandraL
South Padre Island, Texas
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stayed in PK for two weeks and never had a problem. It is indeed a cheap place to stay and the owner/staff are Thai who are not "the best" in English but very helpful.

I see all of these other people complaining about PK Mansion and I am sick of hearing it. Here is the bottom line people: You are in paradise, why do you care so much about staying in your hotel all day?

Just go for it, seaside view, it is an alright place!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank MrHomeless
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I had unfortunately book by mistake after i did searched on Agoda website; I founded this hotel offer cheap room price (850 THB but after plus agoda service charge its equal 1000 THb per night). I booked 2 night for my KBV stayed. The location is good; can walk only 3 minutes too Ao nang beach and that is the only 1 advantage side!! Lets come too disadvantage one;

First thing; The old ladies who wore glasses (they have 2 old ladies; the one who NO glasses is the owner who seems friendliness to all guets ;while the other that wore glasses girl is so bad manner!!) I had checked in at there hotel counter reception. the wore glasses girl asked me with rude conversation "how many people you check in?" ; i said "only me".
She suddenly offer me the small room one though she have bigger one avilable!!
and when i received room key from her; there no help for bag carried;

i unlocked the room and turn on AC which it should not called workable!! there are no cool breeze come out from the machine at all!! ; only the slightly wind with the heat temperature from Ao nang stronger sun outside surrounded me in the room!! I try adjusted AC remote for 10-15 min; and i gave up. I went down to her again asking for room changing ; she again stared and gave me an anoyyed look; then she called the other guy with from the looked i can judge he is machanic men for hotel; they gave me a bad reason that i should be wait for half an hour for room colling since this KBV summer season and the stronger sun outside made AC not work out properly!!!

Luckily; the owner old friendly woman who wear no glasses on came in; she gave me changing a new bigger room keys; and this room AC is workable fine!!

Secondly disadvantage thing; These hotel though charge me 2000 THB / per 2 nights; there are no free water drinking bottle in the fridge!!! you have to buy them at there counter downstair!!

The rest disadvantage thing are; Toilet bowl in WC so disgustingl there have left the pre-visitor yellow stained on it; There everywhere in the room broken (closet handle broken; WC tapped broken ; Electric light on wall not conceal smoothly; shower is rusty , stained on WC floor and fridge door; No glasses for drink or tooth brush in room ; Ceiling fan so curtain row so filthy l ants and mosquitoes enter by wall breaking cover; filthy lamp; NO free Internet Wifi
My suggestion; Stay away from this hotel. there are good hotel with these price around area which better than them 1000 times!!! likewise J hotel

Timmy

#92 of 139 in Ao Nang
J. Mansion
J. Mansion
#56 of 303 in Krabi Town

Been to PK Mansion? Share your experiences!