“The best steak ever and great salad”

Carnivore Steak and Grill
Ranked #6 of 292 Restaurants in Ao Nang
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Carnivore serves since 2003 mouthwatering steaks; Rib Eye, Tenderloin, Lamb, Pork and chicken. All our beef is imported vacuum fresh from Australia and New Zealand. Also do we serve several fish plates; prawns, white snapper, tuna and more. Our generous salads and wide range of starters are highly appreciated with our guests. All main courses are served with a delicious salad, and you can choose between 13 side dishes and 5 meat-sauces. Since 2004 we provide our guests with a selection of 50 different beers from all over the world and also more then 40 different wines. Since 2014 do we also have a selection of about 30 different whiskeys; many of them single malts.
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We stayed at Gillhams and one of the guides recommended this restaurant he said it had better steak than New York, he was right the steaks are lovely, the meat just melts in your mouth. The restaurant is really worth the visit its a little bit more pricy than Anong but defiantly good for a treat we paid around £88 for 4 which included a coffee, beer and steak dinner . The restaurant also serve a complimentary salad with your main meal which makes a lovely starter, defiantly worth a trip out

2  Thank JanetteD

Reviewed July 24, 2014

Very good food, and a good variety on the menu. We ordered tenderloin steak and you could choose the weight of the meat suited to your hunger, also what sidedish you wanted. The steak was perfect and the sidedishes as well. The atmosphere in the restaurant was very pleasant and good. Good service.

3  Thank Tipii
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Food was good, very generous potions. My partner enjoyed an excellent Australian steak here. Dinner for two was comparably cheap to Australian prices, but more expensive than most restaurants in Ao Nang, maybe because the meat is imported and there's a "fine dining" vibe. My tuna steak was nice, not exceptional and it was medium - medium well instead of medium rare as requested, still fresh and tasty and I'm not the kind to complain unless something is really disappointing. The huge complementary side salad was absolutely lovely and a really nice bonus as we found fresh salad hard to find in Ao Nang. The service we received was patchy, we weren't offered drinks after the first round we ordered, which seems an like an anomaly in Ao Nang. We found it difficult to attract a waiter's attention - to order more drinks or even get the cheque required standing up from the table and waving someone over, which was weird when there were only two other tables dining so it certainly wasn't busy. The waitresses were polite but I felt a bit like I was imposing when I needed water/drinks. They did, kindly offer mosquito repellent when I asked. Hopefully this restaurant takes on the well-meaning customer feedback from this site. I will give this restaurant another go before we leave, if only for the nice steak.

2  Thank bamon D
Gidi M, Owner at Carnivore Steak and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Hello Bamon D,

Thank you for taking your time to write an extensive review about our restaurant.
I am not happy about the service that you experienced; it should not have been like that.
When you visited us it was very quiet, and this is dreadful for our staff; they really want to be active but standing around with 6 waitresses to attend to 4 guests is a killer for them.

Still I am happy that your partner had an excellent Australian steak and I hope that memory will be stuck in your mind when thinking about the Carnivore and Ao Nang.
I hope that your second visit was better and if it was (not) please contact me on info@carnivore-thailand.com

Kind regards,

Gidi Mevissen

Reviewed July 17, 2014

We were blown away by the sheer quality of the food served in this restaurant. We were on holiday and did not expect much in terms of steaks, considering that this is Thailand. We were pleasantly surprised at the quality and the service is also fantastic. Simply fantastic.

2  Thank Draman K
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

We ate here as a group of six in October 2013.
The food was very good and everyone enjoyed their meals - eventually.
The service was awful, meals were missed and incorrect, drinks orders never materialised and getting the bill took over 30 minutes.
I would recommend the restaurant for the food, but not the service.

1  Thank Anthony C

Dear Anthony C,

To start with, I am happy that your group of 6 had enjoyable meals at our restaurant
I and the staff must have done really wrong with the service provided.
I can’t explain what went wrong as it is 9-10 month ago when you visited us, maybe we just got caught as many guests came in at the same time, and you where maybe unfortunately the last table to enter.
The restaurant business is prone to many things that can go wrong; the trick is to make sure to prevent things from going wrong. Looks like in your case we did not manage to do it as normal.

Sorry for not making your experience to the one that you should have got, hope you will give us another chance in the future,

Gidi Mevissen