“Terrible!!!”

Carnivore Steak and Grill
Ranked #7 of 282 Restaurants in Ao Nang
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Carnivore serves since 2003 mouthwatering steaks; Rib Eye, Tenderloin, Lamb, Pork and chicken. All our beef is imported vacuum fresh from Australia and New Zealand. Also do we serve several fish plates; prawns, white snapper, tuna and more. Our generous salads and wide range of starters are highly appreciated with our guests. All main courses are served with a delicious salad, and you can choose between 13 side dishes and 5 meat-sauces. Since 2004 we provide our guests with a selection of 50 different beers from all over the world and also more then 40 different wines. Since 2014 do we also have a selection of about 30 different whiskeys; many of them single malts.
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

The manager is the rudest person I've ever had the misfortune of meeting in a restaurant. My meal was awful...had to send it back. We walked out eventually but not before the manager proceeded to get into an argument with me, in front of a packed restaurant.

As we left the restaurant, several tables around us, who had overhead the incident, commented on the behaviour of the manager, which in some way was reassuring that I hadn't imagined, or over stated his appalling attitude

3  Thank Thomo_A
There are newer reviews for Carnivore Steak and Grill

Reviewed December 22, 2013

The restaurant was busy but we managed to get a table without booking. Everything was going well drinks & food order taken, then the fun began. The wrong drinks were served, 30 mins later a side salad gets served, another 20 minutes and the food finally arrives. We both had duck a la orange which was delicious so compliments to the chef. Apparently the reason for the slowest ever service was due to the restaurant being busy. Come on try another one, there was not enough staff serving who were not trained to high enough stndard and their English was very limited. The restaurant is just trying to maximise its profits from its customers two steaks with vegetables and two imported beers with water will set you back 2000-3000baht depending on what size steak you have and the cut. I could buy it cheaper in London and have a far better dining experiences. So if you are thinking of going over the christmas break think again unless you want your meal to last all evening and have a hole burnt in your wallet.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

The steak I had wasn't the best I have ever eaten, but was very satisfying and I don't have anything special to complain about. The salad was good and the service quick enough. The price is a bit higher than other restaurants which is to be expected.

They have a bunch of Belgian beers on the list, which came as a mild surprise. Drinking some Kwak is a good variation from all the local beer consumed on other days.

There was some mild language barrier related misunderstandings with one of the staff, and I never got the cocktail I wanted, but otherwise I would highly recommend the place.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

We went to the Carnivore on our last night in Krabi & were not disappointed. The staff were very friendly & spoke good English. The food was quite simply excellent & would not be out of place in a top London hotel. I went with my husband & he ordered a mushroom starter which was served in a bun with a creamy sauce & I had a fish starter also served in a bun with a sauce. Both were delicious. For main we had a mixed grill & seafood Ao Nang with home made chips & baked potato which were really tasty. The presentation of each dish was superb. You also got a free mixed salad. My husband then had a French coffee which was served at our table. Again it was to die for.
It is also worth mentioning there are a number of special beers & many decent bottles of wine.
The owner also came to our table to see if we had enjoyed our meal - quite rare in Thailand. That was a nice touch,
A five star restaurant with really tasty food. Although it is a little bit more than you usually pay in Thailand it is well worth it. Don't know who the chef is but he certainly needs a pay rise!!

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Four of us dined here and all left extremely stasified.
Each of the mains comes with a divine salad and your choice of any type if potato. From fries to baked with toppings or simply mash, they cater for all. I had the ribs with a delicious smoked sauce. The meat was simply outstanding and the service top notch. Highly recommended!!

1  Thank Charbs1983