“Excellent - but disappointed” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Carnivore Steak and Grill

Carnivore Steak and Grill
Ranked #3 of 261 Restaurants in Ao Nang
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Steakhouse, European, Grill
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Carnivore serves since 2003 mouthwatering steaks; Rib Eye, Tenderloin, Lamb, Pork and chicken. All our beef is imported vacuum fresh from Australia and New Zealand. Also do we serve several fish plates; prawns, white snapper, tuna and more. Our generous salads and wide range of starters are highly appreciated with our guests. All main courses are served with a delicious salad, and you can choose between 13 side dishes and 5 meat-sauces. Since 2004 we provide our guests with a selection of 50 different beers from all over the world and also more then 40 different wines. Since 2014 do we also have a selection of about 30 different whiskeys; many of them single malts.
“Excellent - but disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Read the review and went here after 1 month eating Thai food on div island. Was really looking forward to the pepper steak. I have wheat/flour allergy and they couldent make me a sauce, I was so disappointed:( have been in many restaurants, even in Thailand and this is one of my few disappointments. Mostly if the chef make his own sauce and no readymade fabric sauce from the grocery, they fix me a cream/pepper sauce without wheat... So disappointed :(

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Gidi M, Owner at Carnivore Steak and Grill, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Hallo Hildech1,

I am sorry to hear that you found our place “excellent but disappointed”
Also I am sorry to see that your first ever written review on TA is a negative on.

You mentioned to my staff on the 31st of March that you had a flour allergy.
My manager was very helpful to point out to you which of our dishes contain flour/ wheat.
Our pepper-sauce (and mushroom sauce) contains a little bit of flour, but we still had a mustard-sauce or garlic-butter to accompany your pepper-steak.
I believe that some other service staff in other restaurants doesn’t know anything about the ingredients that they use in their dishes, ignoring it and resulting in the fact that guests will get problems after enjoying a meal.
I trained my staff about the different food allergies that our guest can have, and if they don’t know what it is they will not ignore this and ask me.

After our staff informed you about the dishes to steer clear off, you asked if they could make a pepper-sauce without flour.
As you could see that we were very busy and many people still waiting for the food, the chef unfortunately (and I am sorry about this) made the decision to decline your request.
He was in the understanding that you wanted the same sauce but without flour.

Our pepper sauce has a base of (brown) Demi-glace sauce; this is prepared by grilling bones in the oven until they get dark, this takes about one hour.
Then we add several vegetables to it and flour which are grill dark brown-again, then we add a beef fond to it and this is how we get the dark color. This process takes a few hours.

When you asked me later in person if I could make you a pepper sauce for the next day without flour, I mentioned to you that I would find a way to make you a pepper-sauce, but it would not be like the one we normally serve.

I asked my staff today about this case, but if I would have complained them about it, I think that the next time somebody asks about any ingredients/ allergies they might keep their mouth shut.
And this is something which I don’t want to happen.
It is a little bit difficult to comprehend for my staff, they inform you properly, but later still get a bad review.
“Shooting the messenger” is the right terminology for this, I guess.

As mentioned already; we can make you a different pepper-sauce based on cream, cognac, pepper, beef-fond and herbs.
Hope you will give us another chance to prove that we can deliver,

Friendly greetings,

• Thai first
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
“Best steak in Ao Nang”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

we visited this restaurant 4 times and we were delighted with each visit, the owner is very proud of his steak sourced in Australia and kept at the same temp all the way until it is ready to be cooked delicious.

Visited March 2013
Hello Mercedes 616,

It was nice to have you at our restaurant for 4 times!
My staff and I are trying every day to please our valued guest, and in most times we succeed in it.

Hope to see you back again in this lovely part of the world, I remain with sunny greetings,

Rome, Italy
“Art & Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

I was suggested to try this place as it's known to be the best steak house in the town. As usual, when I see a place with so many outstanding positive reviews, I started to read the bad ones, because they may give you an idea about weak points. Then I decided to try it tonight.
The atmosphere is pleasant and relaxing, I appreciated the fans instead of extremely cold air con as it's tipical in these places. The place is fresh and you feel comfortable. Tables are huge, seats too, I love all this space. :)
The staff is gentle and friendly, everything is very clean. And steaks are divine. I'm Italian, I travel often to Florence and I know one or two things about steaks and T-Bones and these are not second to anything: meat is tender and cooked in a perfect way (you can choose between 5 different cooking times, if I'm not wrong; I go for raw), and everything is presented in a wonderful artistic way, with surprising mixes.
The price is not cheap but I'd say it's more than fair for what you eat. In Italy it's the average one for meat in restaurants, and it's not so nice in most of them.
Oh, and they have a selection of over 60 beers from all the world, I've spent more time choosing them than the steak! :)
If you're by chance in Krabi and want to spend a pleasant and romantic evening this is the place #1 I suggest. Can't really understand the few negative reviews, after trying it they make no sense to me.
It's a bit hidden from the shopping zone, you'd better ask and take the effort to find it, it's worth all the time!
Thanks guys, wonderful dinner. :)

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Gidi M, Owner at Carnivore Steak and Grill, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Hello Locsoft,

On behalf of my staff and me we would like to thank you for your visit to our restaurant and your nice review later was a real pleasure to read.

We know that we will not be able to satisfy all our guests for 100%, but my staff try really hard to make the diners experience a perfect one.
You mentioned already that our tables and chairs are spacious; this is a policy that I keep.
We could add more chairs and tables if we wanted to, but I think it will compromise the intimate atmosphere we have at the moment.

Hope to meet you again on your next visit to this great place in the world; I remain with friendly greetings,

Gidi
“Probably the best restaurant in Ao Nang!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

This restaurant was a bit far away from our hotel and the main street but it was worth visiting! We had Tuna Steak, Pork Ribs, Mango Milk Shake and Chocolate Cake and some drinks - all just great. We really enjoyed our evening at this restaurant which has a pleasant atmosphere and a remarkable service.

• Visited March 2013
Hello Kat M,

Thank you very much for your review and we are pleased to see that you enjoyed the tuna steak and our home-made spare ribs.
Our tuna steak is becoming one of our most appreciated dishes in our seafood menu.
The mango milkshake is made from fresh mango and does not come from a can or pack, also our strawberry and raspberry shakes are made with real 100% fruit.

Hope you enjoyed your stay in Ao Nang, Krabi

Skien, Norway
“Fabulous food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

When you are fed up with Thai food (and after 2 weeks you most likely will be), you should go for something extra. This restaurant has what other lacks: good food, excellent service and a vast sortiment of very good beer that accompanies your beef as good as any wine could do.
We went here after traveling around in the Andaman area for nearly two weeks and we both agreed that it had been a special night, thanks to both the food, drink and the service.
Please, don't miss this restaurant!