“Great location, delicious food”

Sala Bua & Lo Spuntino Restaurant
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Reviewed March 21, 2013

At the edge of Ao Nang beach there is a variety of seafood restaurants. The best way to chose one of them is by comparing the look of the lobsters in the water tanks.

And Sala Bua etc. is an excellent choice. The Belgian owner does his utmost to not only provide you with the freshest and best prepared lobsters and juicy oysters, but also makes you feel utterly welcome and well serviced.

And the sunset at Ao Nang is without any doubt one of the most romantic sceneries one can ever experience. Sala Bua, absolute tip !

1  Thank Raimond H

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I dined at Sala Bua 3 evenings in a row and were happy with our food and service. I wanted to try some "safe " Thai food that wouldn't be too spicy and I was completely happy with my chicken coconut soup and pad thai. My husband had seafood pasta one night and being Sicilian he said it was good :)

I would definitely recommend this restaurant. Staff is very kind and helpful. And you don't have to wait for the food long.

2  Thank Julija L
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We had dinner here last night and were underwhelmed. The setting is quiet lovely as with all the other restaurants along the waterfront. The service was good, happy and helpful and the Italian Owner (?) was wandering around and asking if everyone was happy with their food. The prices were above average but we were more than happy to pay for good food but sadly it was not the case. The pad thai goong was gluggy and tasteless with 3 tiny shrimps and the chicken and cashew nut was full of pineapple and not at all pleasant. The som tam was nice but did not make up for the rest of the meal and sadly we will not be returning.

1  Thank 123free
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We went for two meals at the restaurant Sala Bua & Lo Spuntino and I my opinion it is te best restaurant in Ao Nang don' t listen to the bad reviews, the staff were very pleasant and the food was very nice. We ate both of Thai and Italian menu and we were delighted with both, the food was really fresh and tasty we had pasta for mains and they were excellent. We wished we found the restaurant sooner as we would have gone back more often. The service and the staff were excellent, the location is great as well.

2  Thank CaroleG78
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I´ll keep it short...

+ sea view
+ pasta was above Italian average,
+ the pizza was lets say much better than many pizzas I had in Rome
+ service is a miracle compared to other restaurants in and around Krabi

- without reservation you ll have to wait a lot of time

best regards from Vienna