We are a married couple in our late 20's with no kids. This was part of our Honeymoon trip and we were looking forward to a chilled out 6 nights at the Phu Petra after a hectic and fun few weeks racing round Thailand. We stayed in Jan 2011.
We arrived and were met by a friendly member of staff who checked us in and showed us to our rooms. We stayed in a bungalow facing the cliffs toasted the back of the complex. The setting is beautiful.
Our room was very big with 2 huge beds and a huge bathroom which was decorated to a good standard and all looked very nice. It had a new tv, DVD, fridge etc - everything we needed and more.
We then went for a relax and swim in the pool which was great. The pool is small but perfectly formed. The first night we decided to eat at the hotel. The food was overpriced and very average. We were the only ones eating there which should have told us something and this made for a strange atmosphere.
Most of the staff throughout our stay were very helpful and would do their best to satisfy your needs. I feel ODI deserves a special mention. He was particularly kind and good at his job.
The other nights we got the free shuttle bus into town which worked well. If your out later than 09-20 which we always were you will have to get a tuk tuk at 100 baht. It's probably a tad to far to walk. We did once and it took about 20 minutes. We ate a couple of times at Del Rocks which was brilliant and spent most of our time at the Happy Hour street bar where we met some great people and laughed to the small hours.
The spa in the hotel is expensive and no better than elsewhere.
We very much enjoyed the rest of our stay but did have a couple of issues which were dealt with terribly by the staff.
On the 3rd day our bathroom began to smell terribly of raw sewage which really was unpleasant. The bathroom was a no go area and the smell emulated into our bedroom. There were also hundreds if ants in our bedroom and bed!!! I reported this to a member of staff who said he would tell the manager. The next morning nothing was said to us. We out for the day and returned in the afternoon. I told another member of staff who said they would look into the matter. We went back to our room and it smelled as though someone had sprayed air freshner. They fixed the issue for no more than a few minutes!!! Nobody came to speak to me and tell me what they had or hadn't done or offer us an alternative room. Were not fussy people and don't have children so just got on with it spending as little time possible in our room to avoid the revolting stench.
Come check out, the member of staff attempted to bill us 300 baht for 3 flannels which they said were spoiled. He showed us the offending items which had a tiny mark of my wides make up on! They needed nothing more than a good wash! I told him we didn't agree and wouldn't be paying! Especially given we'd just spent three days in a room that stunk of human waste!!! Not what you expect from an expensive hotel.
Terrible way to treat your customers and left us with a very bitter taste in our mouths as we left. Enough to make us not to want to return. Which is a shame because it was a nice place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Krabi, Aonang Phu Petra Resort is set amidst mountains in stunning natural surroundings. The resort features spacious villas and suites located by the swimming pool or hill. Guests can enjoy swimming in the outdoor pool and free Wi-Fi throughout the resort. Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi, offers beach and airport transfers. Krabi Airport is a 30-minute drive away while Aonang Beach is 10 minutes away by car. Modern rooms feature classic dark wood furnishings and spacious balconies. Each has a cable/satellite TV, DVD player and coffee-making facilities. Bathrobes, slippers and a hairdryer are provided. Massage services are offered at the resort and a library corner allows for quiet reading. Other facilities include a tour desk and children*s playground. Motorbikes can be rented for convenience. Sila Petra Restaurant serves local and international dishes. Enjoy mountain and pool views while sipping cocktails at Phu Anda Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi Hotel Ao Nang
- Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi Ao Nang