After arriving directly from another hotel where we paid a 5 star price and got a 3 star hotel, we were quite impressed with the Phu Petra as it was a new hotel.. For our first visit of 9 days we paid a rate that we felt was somewhat high for the resort but it seemed much better than the hotel we had arrived from. We left for one week to another hotel of the same rating as the Phu Petra, and were very impressed with the resort (Anyavee Tubkaek) but the resort was somewhat remote and a bit more expensive. When deciding to stay longer at the Anyavee or to return to the Phu Petra we based our decision on price. Although we were offered a fairly good rate from the Anyavee for a long term stay, we decided to go with the Phu Petra as I was assured by the assistant manager Nat that we would be getting a price we would be very happy with.
So we booked another 9 days at the Phu Petra. and paid the amount in full when we arrived. We happened to be checking for rooms in another area of Thailand and noticed the rate at the Phu Petra was substanttially lower on the internet than the management said was a "rate that would make us extremely happy". Of course we were quite upset as our total stay at the Phu Petra was approximately 3 weeks. We were offered a voucher for food and two complimentary cocktails as part of our special deal as repeat customers. We ordered our meal and drinks at the restaurant and when time to pay arrived, we were told we could not use the vouchers as they were for a "special menu" and cocktail vouchers had to be presented beforehand in order to be used. Needless to say we felt very cheated, particularly as our stay would be a total of 3 weeks. When we spoke to management they insisted that there was nothing that they could do about the fact that the internet price was lower that what we had paid and advised that a refund could take up to one week. Needless to say we were not espescially trusting of that situation. So we stayed out the final nine days. However, beside the fact that although we were repeat customers and were staying a total of 3 weeks and were being charged more than guests arriving for one day, we had other issues as well. When we returned we were assigned a villa in which the shower did not drain. We slopped around in several inches of water each time we showered. When we asked them to do something about it they sent the chamber maid and she pushed it into the drain with her foot. We also had real problem with mosquitos and other bugs in the room. We asked several times to have it sprayed, but we continued to be bitten by bugs. All in all, what we thought was a fairly good hotel ended up being a huge disappointment and overpriced for the what you were getting. The service staff seemed to try hard, but management had a fairly bad attitude to build customer relations. Hotel was far from beach although they did provide a shuttle several times per day. Other fellow costumers seemed to have the same complaints we did, so I don't believe that we were being too picky. It was new, but other than that it didn't have a whole lot going for it and we regretted returning. We would not return to the same hotel in the future. In our opinion, we were paying four star prices for at best a 3 star hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Krabi, Aonang Phu Petra Resort is set amidst mountains in stunning natural surroundings. The resort features spacious villas and suites located by the swimming pool or hill. Guests can enjoy swimming in the outdoor pool and free Wi-Fi throughout the resort. Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi, offers beach and airport transfers. Krabi Airport is a 30-minute drive away while Aonang Beach is 5 minutes away by car. Modern rooms feature classic dark wood furnishings and spacious balconies. Each has a cable/satellite TV, and coffee-making facilities. Bathrobes, slippers and a hairdryer are provided. Massage services are offered at the resort and a library corner allows for quiet reading. Other facilities include a tour desk and children*s playground. Motorbikes can be rented for convenience. Sila Petra Restaurant serves local and international dishes. Enjoy mountain and pool views while sipping cocktails at Phu Anda Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi Hotel Ao Nang
- Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi Ao Nang