The hotel is only a few months old, and is tucked away from the hustle and bustle of the main street, which makes for a very peaceful and quiet holiday. We were in a Majestic poolside villa. Huge room, beautifully decorated in a traditional Thai fashion, with a big verandah, complete with two wooden loungers that unfortunately had no cushions and were therefore extremely uncomfortable. The bathroom, whilst being decently-sized, appeared unfinished as far as decoration is concerned - most of the walls were finished in a cement render, and not painted or tiled, which lead us to think that keeping the room clean was not the main consideration! Smelly drains were reported, but remained smelly. Take care in the shower, because the water can occasionally come through scalding hot, just when you're not expecting it! Don't arrive late at night and expect to sleep in and have breakfast in your room - that is not available, and breakfast in the restaurant is packed up and cleared away promptly, some days by 1015. Some of the hot food available in the food-warming dishes was patently not acceptable, by virtue of being dried out and stuck to the bottom of the pan, while the noodles were sometimes just a congealed mass - not good enough. The specials board in the restaurant had two meal options, which have now not changed for over a week.The in-room tea/coffee making facility is replenished each day, and was limited to the supply of ONE, yes 1, teabag and two coffee sachets per day. The Phu Anda lounge does not appear to be in use - it contains a couple of chairs and tables and seemed to be used as a dining area for hotel management.
The whole hotel, despite being a very striking collection of buildings, lacks any imagination in planting to complement the buildings. There are no flowers in the grounds at all - lots of trees, but no colour just to set the place alive. There are many other hotels in the area that fully warrant a 4* rating both in facilities and price, which sadly can not be said of the Aonang Phu Petra.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Krabi, Aonang Phu Petra Resort is set amidst mountains in stunning natural surroundings. The resort features spacious villas and suites located by the swimming pool or hill. Guests can enjoy swimming in the outdoor pool and free Wi-Fi throughout the resort. Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi, offers beach and airport transfers. Krabi Airport is a 30-minute drive away while Aonang Beach is 5 minutes away by car. Modern rooms feature classic dark wood furnishings and spacious balconies. Each has a cable/satellite TV, and coffee-making facilities. Bathrobes, slippers and a hairdryer are provided. Massage services are offered at the resort and a library corner allows for quiet reading. Other facilities include a tour desk and children*s playground. Motorbikes can be rented for convenience. Sila Petra Restaurant serves local and international dishes. Enjoy mountain and pool views while sipping cocktails at Phu Anda Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi Hotel Ao Nang
- Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi Ao Nang