We're a family of five who had the pleasure of staying here at this gem of a hotel between 16th to 22th march 2013.
Our vacation here started at Phuket airport where we was picked up, at time, by the driver booked by the hotel. We was a little worried about the drive to Ao Nang, due to earlier episodes with Thai drivers on suicide mission, but this driver was flawless. Thanks.
We had booked a Family Grand Poolside Villa which was perfect for us. This villa had everything we needed, and was cleaned every day (next time maybe the housekeeper should look up and take down the siderwebs, and clean the mould of the silicone around the bathtub).
The location of this hotel was perfect, very quiet and peaceful.
Big plus to all the staff who was always smiling, and very helpful in booking different tours and everything else we needed help for. Even the shuttle downtown worked flawless.
We tried the restaurant several times, both parents and kids liked the food. And it was just about the same price as in Ao Nang.
Breakfast was perfect, had all we wanted. Nothing missing there.
Swimmingpool was clean, which is a big must in our eyes. Kids loved it. We only used it at the end of the day after being on the beach all day.
To sum it up. We was very uncertain about which hotel to book in Ao Nang. But ended up with a big smile on our faces and very glad we didn't book a hotel downtown. We only hope that they manage to keep the atmosphere this hotel has, and the only way to do that is to make sure the guest stay satisfied, and work hard to make this an even better place.
We will be back in Ao Nang, next time we decided to try a summer trip, and we will definitely stay here.
We went on to Phuket, Sunwing resort Bang Tao, which also was nice, but almost like going from heaven to hell compared to this lovely hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Krabi, Aonang Phu Petra Resort is set amidst mountains in stunning natural surroundings. The resort features spacious villas and suites located by the swimming pool or hill. Guests can enjoy swimming in the outdoor pool and free Wi-Fi throughout the resort. Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi, offers beach and airport transfers. Krabi Airport is a 30-minute drive away while Aonang Beach is 5 minutes away by car. Modern rooms feature classic dark wood furnishings and spacious balconies. Each has a cable/satellite TV, and coffee-making facilities. Bathrobes, slippers and a hairdryer are provided. Massage services are offered at the resort and a library corner allows for quiet reading. Other facilities include a tour desk and children*s playground. Motorbikes can be rented for convenience. Sila Petra Restaurant serves local and international dishes. Enjoy mountain and pool views while sipping cocktails at Phu Anda Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi Thailand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi Hotel Ao Nang
- Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi Thailand Ao Nang