Stayed at Aonang Phu Petra recently with family and friends and it was quite a memorable experience.
The cottages were very spacious with lots of open space and large beds (good enough for 2 adults and 2 small kids). The pool is nice as well. The kids had fun in the pool and in the rooms generally with the amount of empty space. Sitting area outside the room is also quite nice to spend a quiet evening / morning relaxing and enjoying the environs. The hotel grounds are quite well done up and beautiful with orchids growing on almost all trees.
The breakfast spread is not great but good enough to provide enough options. The staff are friendly and warm generally. Generally there is live music (one singer with eletronics for music) on all nights at the restaurant, in case you are planning to eat in the resort.
The place is a little away from the main town but the resort runs regular shuttles every hour so not a big worry. Worst case, tuktuks can be called. The distance ensures that it is quiet thru the day / night.
Lots of activity to do around Ao Nang - island hopping, scuba, snorkelling etc. or just spend some time at any of the beaches. Best to organise these trips from the main town area as you will find many options and price points to chose from. We covered Poda island, Hong island, Chicken island and it was great fun. Each of the islands offer its own set of activities esp Hong.
Things to watch out for at Phu Petra:
- there is no housekeeping after 6/7 pm
- there is no service in restaurants or room service after 10.30 pm (even if you are one minute late)
- bathroom has no latch / lock inside and that could bother some folks
- Elephant safari is a waste of time, unless you want to do it only for the experience of sitting on the elephant or for the kids
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Krabi, Aonang Phu Petra Resort is set amidst mountains in stunning natural surroundings. The resort features spacious villas and suites located by the swimming pool or hill. Guests can enjoy swimming in the outdoor pool and free Wi-Fi throughout the resort. Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi, offers beach and airport transfers. Krabi Airport is a 30-minute drive away while Aonang Beach is 10 minutes away by car. Modern rooms feature classic dark wood furnishings and spacious balconies. Each has a cable/satellite TV, DVD player and coffee-making facilities. Bathrobes, slippers and a hairdryer are provided. Massage services are offered at the resort and a library corner allows for quiet reading. Other facilities include a tour desk and children*s playground. Motorbikes can be rented for convenience. Sila Petra Restaurant serves local and international dishes. Enjoy mountain and pool views while sipping cocktails at Phu Anda Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, HostelWorld and Jetsetter so you can book your Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi Hotel Ao Nang
- Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi Ao Nang