We stayed at the 3 Bees for two nights in November. We were greeted by Frederico and he was very helpful. He seemed excited that it was our first time in Ao Nang and gave us a load of suggestions for things to do while in town. It was nice that he spent the time with us to climatize us to this new-to-us city.
I booked a room with air-con and a balcony facing the limestone cliffs. It was a stunning view. The room itself was comfortable and very clean. My only complaint about it was that there was a funky smell. It wasn't so overpowering that I couldn't stand it, but I did notice it everytime I walked in the room. I ended up buying a small air freshener from the 7-11. I think it may have been from the drain in the bathroom but I'm not too sure. But honestly, other than that the room felt very clean. One other feature I missed was not having a safe. I didn't feel like I could leave certain things behind in the room when we went out, so we carried a lot of our stuff with us. There were cameras set up in every hallway, so the guesthouse itself felt pretty secure.
In terms of the location, 3 Bees is quite the walk from the busy bits of Ao Nang. On the first night we went for a walk all the way down to the beach and then some, and didn't think it was so bad, but the walk home felt very long. I guess I didn't realize how far we had walked.
The guesthouse also offers a buffet breakfast every morning for a fairly cheap price, but it's not that great. If you just want a quick bite to eat like toast and some fruit before going on an excursion it's fine, but if you want a substantial meal and decent coffee, this is not where you will find it.
The 3 Bees is great if you are on a tight budget. It is very clean, feels safe and is comfortable. If you want to be closer to the beach and more action I would recommend spending a few more dollars, but if you just need a place to rest your head and have a warm shower, I would recommend this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 3 Bees Guesthouse is Italian manamgent situated along the bay of Ao Nang in Krabi. Free Transfers to the Beach and Tour desk a best prices. Krabi offers easy access to the beautiful islands and bays including Phi Phi island, Koh Kom, Railey Beach and Phang Nga Bay. Our hotel is a family-run Italian management and is designed to meet all customer needs. The 3 Bees guesthouse will be a reference point for all of our customers by enhancing our services including Italian pizzeria restaurant and breackfast, free Wi-Fi, schedules and reservations for day trips, packed lunch service (the only one to Ao Nang) , rental scooters and cars, taxi transfers, ferry tickets, these are just some of our services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, HostelWorld, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your 3 Bees Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tittiguesthouse Hotel Ao Nang
- 3 Bees Guesthouse Krabi/Ao Nang