“Lovely”

Ranked #6 of 62 things to do in Ao Nang
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed February 14, 2013

The beach is great and has longtail boats moored over night. Go up to the end nearest the town for some of the better restaurants and and takeaway cocktail bar. The best banana dacquiri we sat drinking it on the beach in the dark watching the sky lanterns going up and out over the sea. There is some light from the restaurants behind and it feels like a safe area to hang to out. Excellent beach for building sand castles.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,392)
All reviews
in 258 reviews
"shrine"
in 94 reviews

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Book a 4 island sunset barbecue tour!
This beach is the final destination of the tour, where you arrive at sunset, with no one at the beach!
Here you can enjoy a spectacular landscape and sunset... With your best company, feet on the pouder sand... So nice!

2  Thank utopian82
Reviewed February 13, 2013

toom many people on this beach, I didn't come to paradise to share it with the rest of the planet, shame as it is topographically stunning, but I like my beaches a bit more peaceful than this

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I wasn't expecting so many tourists to be there. I thought Krabi was relatively secluded but I was wrong. It looks set to be the next Bali! Everywhere I turned, I saw white people splayed on the beach, the locals would be at a corner under some shade.

I also stayed at a backpackers' lodging (iRest) and met different groups there. They all told me they were kinda disappointed at the number of tourists present and were hoping for something more rustic and less commercialized. The taxi driver had previously told me that this is high season for tourists so I should have known better perhaps.

Dont carry too many things as it might get tricky climbing into the boat. Take care of your cameras

I bought a ticket to Phra Nang/Railay Beach for 200 baht return trip. The boat leaves when there are enough people. On the day before, I went on an organized tour to Hong island and 3 other stops for 1050 baht. It's more expensive to go to Phi Phi island, perhaps more crowded too.

There are some caves (ask any local for directions) which could be worth checking out. GO EARLY. It gets really crowded later in the day.

I felt all the beaches were kinda similar, just that the number of tourists differed from beach to beach (and depending on the time).

I spoke to another tourist who said the sunrise at 5am along Railay East is worth catching.