I was a little disappointed in my stay here. The restaurant is not really a place to invite someone or to eat at. Yet it is functional and clean. The view is over a car park so don`t come for the view. The hotel itself seems to have a lack of management. I do not think anyone manages it. It seems popular for Muslim visitors due to the owner ship being the same and non-serving of alcohol or a presence of a bar. I had a deluxe room which for me seemed to be only a basic room. If you order a basic room I am not sure what you would get. Yet I did have a very good view of the ocean and that was good. The double bed was two singles pulled together. The headboards would stay as they were. The room needs a good paint. Yet it is having a shower where I get really disappointed. When built they probably thought some would want a bath so put one in. Yet they kept the shower and ending up with a bit of both and got neither. You got to get up real close to the wall to get under the spray. Half of the water would run down the wall and half on your body. I wonder why they put up a hanging curtain. It just seems odd. The spray that went on the wall eventually finds its way across the floor onto a hole at other end of the room. Its a little dark. Staff hardly smile and service is a little short. Yet the swimming pool is good.
Yet where I was pleased was the front travel desk. They are great. They organise most of the trips in Aonang. They have a fleet of boats that rock. Best boats in Aonang. I had 3 trips with them. The best being Hong Island. The trip to Koh Phi Phi was a bit disappointing. They put you in a big barn with about 1,000 other guests. Its like mass feeding time. Tastes good though all the same.
The thing that saves this hotel is the service to and from the pier the trips they organise (wich most hotels utilise) and the crew of the boats all of which are friendly and speak some English.. If you love the sea this is the place to be. Down the road to the left is a nice area where you can sit all day, right next to the waves. The seats are free if you buy a drink and you get free fruit. Massages galore. Just down on the right is the whole beach itself with more choice of restaurants.
You come here because the Hotel is close to the beach. If you do get a room here get deluxe or cottage with swimming pool access and you will not be disappointed. Sorry no drink. Do not expect much from the hotel. Its functional at best. You come here for the location. Go on the trips as much as you can, you will love it. On occasion you get a meal on the beach. Its tasty. Some of the best beach in the world at right there for you. Snorkle and swim with the fish. These guys are kings of the ocean. If you want sea its a good place to be. Just don`t expect much from the rooms and make sure you get a 60% discount which makes it bearable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aonang Orchid Resort, which in located on the centre of beautiful Aonang beach, It's a modern resort setting, Luxurious room only a few to the beach. Aonang Orchid Resort is equipped facilities ensure that every guests will have everything they need for the most enjoyable and confortable stay. All rooms are surrounded by pool view and cliff limestone or city view of Aonang area, ensuring total privacy for each occupant ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aonang Orchid Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aonang Orchid Hotel Ao Nang
- Ao Nang Orchid Hotel
- Aonang Orchid Resort Krabi/Ao Nang