“OK”

Ranked #43 of 107 Hotels in Ao Nang
Stockholm, Sweden
“OK”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed here with family three nights in April.

The location in Ao Nang is OK. The staff is very helpful and friendly and check-in and -out was smooth. The pool is nice. Rooms are OK but a bit worn. However, cleanliness was an issue. The toilet wasn't clean at arrival and drawers, lamp stands etc were dusty and dirty. I used several wet wipes to clean out drawers before placing our stuff in them. I'm not extremely sensitive either... but there was old black grime in the corners of the drawers.

Another thing that affected my stay was the information in the hotel folder in the room about how much they would charge the guests if some item in the room gets broken. There was a price list for EVERY item! Including teaspoons! Seriously, hotel management, where do you buy your table ware? 100 baht for a teaspoon?! I couldn't help thinking of this every time I stirred my coffee or moved a pillow... I have never seen such a thing at a hotel before.

All in all, OK value for money, but we're not going back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I booked this room via Agoda and stayed here for 5 days 4 nights at a very attractive rate (almost 50% discount from the published internet rates) for a Deluxe Pool View Room.

At the discounted rate,the hotel stay was worth it. The room was clean, air-conditioning worked fine, flat screen tv, mini fridge & kettle, coffee and tea. Basic toiletries are also provided and the hotel provides two bottles of water for free every day.

All in all it was a comfortable stay, although the room is slightly smaller than what the internet depicted. Same goes for the pool, rooms with pool access are not as private as you think it would be.

I do caution that rooms on the lower floor or on the ground floor facing the pool may have to deal with noises from the pool when it is packed. Bearable for me if i keep the sliding door closed. The pool is a nice place to chill out though if you would like a break from the beach.

Complimentary wi-fi available at the lobby only and hotel lobby sells 1.5L mineral water at 20 baht. Also they provide towels for you to take to the beach (refundable 100baht deposit required) and they do arrange for popular island excursions & other activities (prices are reasonable and not inflated).

Breakfast was small but lovely spread. No complains really.

It is about 15 - 20 min walk to the main parts of Ao Nang (i.e. Macdonalds, Starbucks, etc). Hop on a tuk tuk (20baht a person) if it's too hot to walk. Else walking at night is not too bad as you will be able to shop along the way, grab a takeaway cocktail, have a bite to eat. Generally quite safe at the tourist strip.

I wouldn't mind coming back but not at the published internet rates as that would have been way overpriced.

Hotel staff are superbly friendly and helpful and even packed a breakfast box for me and my partner as we had an early morning flight to catch. Thumbs up for the effort!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Veronica1984
singapore
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I booked a triple room for my family and I. The room rate was very attractive and included unlimited wifi, breakfast, airport transfers and island hopping. The hotel emailed me to confirm my reservation 5 mins after I made it through their website, which I thought was fantastic. When we touched down at Krabi Airport, the hotel van was there ready to pick us.

Room: Of good size even with a third bed thrown in. TV is very small and has lousy reception. Trying to change the channel is like playing a game cos you have to aim at the exact spot to switch the TV on or change the channel. Toilet was ok, not super clean. There was a stain on our toilet seat cover which was there for the duration of our stay. Floor felt a tad sticky too. However, the beds were comfy and we were glad to be back in our room each night. As for the unlimited wifi, the signal was very patchy and we kept being disconnected every few minutes.

Facilities: Pool is nice but is smaller than it looks on the hotel website. Is always crowded. Ended up not using it even once. The breakfast area is pleasant and there's quite a good selection.

Location: About 5-10 mins walk to the start of the Ao Nang shopping area. However, the Ao Nang stretch is pretty long and could take about 30 mins if you walk all the way to the end. Tuktuks came in handy. There are convenience stores across the road, but really overpriced.

Service: The staff were helpful, except for one incident that really spoiled our stay. When we checked out, we were told to wait until the staff had checked our room (which quite surprised us because international hotels don't even do this). And after they checked, they told us that a teaspoon was found missing and it was their policy to charge if anything was found missing. My mum distinctly remembered that from the 2nd day onwards, only 1 teaspoon was in the room after housekeeping had tidied. And we definitely did not remove it from the room. After a lot of discussion which left me feeling accused of having taken the teaspoon, the reception told us that we would not have to pay for it (their housekeeping would have to). Left me wondering what is the cost of a teaspoon as compared with keeping a guest happy. It is this incident that makes me vow not to go back. Which is a pity, because this is a quite a good hotel for the price.

Room Tip: Ask for an inventory when you check in, and tell the reception if you find anything missing.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank vivgoh
San Diego, California
Reviewed March 13, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 6 days in December. The ride from the airport was 30 minutes or so and when we arrived our check in was speedy and efficient. They even brought out drinks for us to cool down. I like where the hotel is located because it's not on the busy strip of road that has vendors. Although shops and vendors are closeby, there is enough shopping and food nearby to not have to travel far.
The grounds of the hotel is usually busy in the day. People in the lobby using free interenet, next to the pool there is a massage area and that gets fairly busy too. The Pool is amazing. I have seen a lot worse. Clean throughout hotel, public restrooms are also very nice and clean.
We were really impressed with the room. So impressed overall we decided to stay a few extra nights. It was well worth it and the staff made it easy for us to count on them to help us around as it was our first time to Ao Nang. Beds are better than most hotels in SE ASIA.
The only thing i did not agree with was the breakfast buffet. The selection was not impressive, just adequate. The food a little bland. It's hard to find a good western breakfast in the far east, i've decided. Overall a great stay and will come back for more.

Room Tip: The Rooms with the so called "private pool" isn't so private.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Khmerican
Ohio
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stayed here 3 nights while in Ao Nang. The hotel was very nice, we had a poolside room which was very good size and clean. It is in very good location right between the two beaches in Ao Nang and both within walking distance. There is some excellent street food vendor stalls within a 5 minute walk from the hotel. The hotel is also within walking distance of a lot of other restaurants and shops.

Breakfast here was adequate, but of all the hotels we stayed in Thailand, this had the fewest selections to choose from. When we were there the only fresh fruit was bananas. But it was decent enough to fill up for the morning. The staff was very helpful during our stay there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed February 7, 2013

The hotel was lovely, clean, staff were friendly, the pool was gorgeous, the room was beautifully presented. The hotel is situated in between two beaches, both are worth seeing. Thank you to the staff at reception for helping me with travel arrangements. I would definitely recommend this hotel, it's worth paying a bit extra to stay in luxury for a few night's.

Room Tip: The poolside rooms are incredible, worth it in my opinion.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
haifa
Reviewed January 7, 2013

when we got there as honeymooners they upgraded our room to deluxe pool!! it was great the room was right in the pool... really liked it..the pool is really good...the service is good !! and a very good location

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple