“Fantastic thai restaurant, with a twist.”

Bussaba Thai Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 314 Restaurants in Ao Nang
Cuisines: European, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Restaurant is located in SOI KLONG HANG 4 Road ,Before next to Canivore steak House and Pavilion Queen's Bay Ao-Nang
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Hawing been to Ao Nang for 15 days, this was the best restaurant we visited during our stay, so much as we came back to it twice, and would have done it more often, had we discovered it in time. I have tried all the top 10 restaurants from tripadvisor in Ao Nang, and this place was by far the best. Let me explain why:
The food is excellent, and not overpriced (just a bit more expensive than others, and in Thailand this is an important parameter). Aprox: 100 B for starters 150-250 B for mains.
The dishes are varied, and beaautifulllu presneted, and since we had children with us on this Holiday, the sphaghetti with tomatosauce, was a hit, i strongly suspect that it was homemade, and very close to what i have experienced in the better parts of the italian kitchen, bravo!
The decor is top notch, and you can easily see that the staff takes priden in their restaurant.
Last but not least i must admit i was quite surprised by the standards of their desserts, they were par to must European medium to high end restaurants, without being too avantgarde.
I will also mention the serving staff who were among the best Ii met during this stay in Thailnad, present and friendly and ever so worried that our food was "ok", you had a feeling they really cared for you, and the restaurant.
Go and visit Bussaba, while you are in Ao Nang, i am positive that you wont be dissapointed!
Try the starter åalte with different dishes, its a treat, and the massaman as well as the desserts are great, lastly the banana daquiri were fabolous.

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

We've been here a week and this little gem serves the best Thai we've had so far. The roast duck curry was awesome. The prices are a little higher than others but you'll know why when the food arrives.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

We were here Christmas eve. The place is Nice and clean with good food but nothing extraordinary. I would give it a top rating if the Price was a bit lower. We were 4 and paid 5.600,- bth incl. A good bottle of italian Wine (1.600,- bth).

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Went there based on Trip Advisor accolades. Wife was ill so I went alone. Sat next to a Belgiun couple who had just finished eating and were lyrical. I could hardly wait. My second-last night in Ao Nang and I had decided to splash out on Tiger prawns at the best-rated seafood spot in town. Yummm.

Uhm .. the beers are expensive but the wine prices are ridiculous - Aussie plonk at €22 a bottle!! Settled for a Singha. The high price turned out to be for a small bottle.

My prawns in garlic arrived. Only they were not prawns in garlic, but rather prawns in some sort of unidentifiable Pacific-fusion sauce. And they were lukewarm. No questions were asked and they were taken back. The return dish also had some brown liquid floating around with solid bits in it of various colours, but this time I could detect garlic .... barely. I was too hungry by now to resist further so I tucked in. Darn small tiger prawns. And again lukewarm.

I had still not had banana "fritters" (tempura). The presentation was sublime. The coating was soggy and too sweet.

I wonder what the Belgians had been eating, but had no intention whatsoever of returning the next night to try to find out. Why not 1-star? The staff were nice and the decor is interesting.

Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Seventh day in AO Nang. Prior to visiting Bussaba we have been served some pretty poor and quite expensive food in this area. Things had gotten so bad I refused to eat outside Wang Sai crab meals (which are amazing).

My partner had gotten bored and eventually convinced me we should again explore...

Bussaba was amazing. So good we have booked dinner here for the next two nights (Xmas eve and Xmas).

Try the chicken massala with roti - beautiful. Or the duck curry - yum.

The kids had their favourite - tomato pasta. Best in AO Nang. Reasonable size and fair price with a bit of garlic bread on the side.

Will be eating here for the rest of our stay.