“The place to stay”
Review of Cha Wan Resort

Cha Wan Resort
Ranked #51 of 111 Hotels in Ao Nang
Reviewed February 18, 2010

This resort is small and intimate. The service is impeccable and friendly., I will stay here again on future travels. Only complaint is the bed was hard, but other than that it was great

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 17, 2010

After staying in Koh Pangan (Palita Lodge) we have booked Cha Wan Resort for 7 nights over New Year. Upon arrival we have received towel and welcome drink with smiley faces. Our room was absolutely lovely (decorated with petals as me have mentioned it’s our honeymoon). All rooms have all you need and more. Breakfast is usually served on you private balcony…it’s so romantic. All together there is 10 rooms, it feels small and cosy…very quiet, exactly what we were looking for. Food is fantastic and staff goes that extra mile for your wishes. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this place to my best friends! If you looking for something nice and quiet with perfect service, this is your place. Check their offers. We got so many free things including our stay…2 x boat trip, elephant ride, massage, set dinner….We would definitely come back to Cha Wan if in Krabi (although not my favourite part of Thailand as it’s too commercial for us).

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed January 4, 2010

• Stayed: January 2010
Reviewed November 17, 2009

A little out from Ao Nang Center, but only a short walk of 5 min.
A beautyful resort with helpful and friendly staff. Stunning rooms clean and beautyfully decorated. Our balcony had sunloungers and chairs and our breakfast of choice was delivered in the morning to enjoy in privacy. A romantic , private and well looked after resort. We recouperated from our travels in no time and enjoyed the peace and food in lovely surroundings. Tip here - enjoy the bath - the tub is great!!!

Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2009

A fantastic hotel, the moment we walked into our room WOW! A truly great experience and the staff couldn't do enough for us, the food at the hotel was really good. The hotel is just off the main strip of Ao Nang, which was worth while as you can get away from the hustle and bustle of what can be a livley resort.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed August 19, 2009

• Stayed: August 2009
Reviewed March 26, 2009

I chose the Cha Wan as i had previously booked the Ao Nang Villa Resort and was advised to cancell due to renovations that might not be finished. Was i so glad i picked the Cha Wan.
First impressions small but nice open reception area very welcoming staff could not do enough for you. This is a small boutique resort consisting of 5 seperate villas with 10 rooms. I had asked for a upper floor and was pleased to see that they granted my request.Check in was smooth and my rather heavy suitcase was taken straight to my room.
My room was one of the best i have ever stayed in in Thailand and i have stayed in some of the best hotels. The villa was beautifull with a staircase leading to a massive balcony with lovely outside furniture and a sunbed. You went through patio doors to the bedroom which was so huge all wood panelled and wood flooring and a lovely king size bed. The whole decor was beautifull and there was everything in the room you could possibly need Tv, room safe, mini bar reasonable prices plenty of space for everything. The bathrooms were also spacious with seperate toilet, walk in shower,large bath, and vanity area all in marble.
I also liked the free wireless internet in the room which i made use off.
The room was so clean and spotless and everyday on my return it was immaculate.
Breakfast was delivered every morning to your balcony at the time requested and you had a choice from the menu. There was enough choice for me and it was so nice to enjoy the first meal of the day on your own balcony and enjoy the tasty food and surroundings.
The pool area where there were two small pools was lovely with attentive staff to bring you cocktails ect. It was a pleasure to chill out round these pools . The whole resort is just beautifull set around the pools. The villas are two storey thai style and i miss the place allready.
The restaurant i ate in on two nights and the food was exceptional and delicious the red curry was wonderfull. The menu had a wide choice of starters ,mains and deserts.Also all the food was reasonably priced.
The hotel is bout a 7 minute walk down into Ao Nang and it is situated near the Pavillion Queens Bay Hotel. It was a nice walk down into Ao Nang passing some local restaurants, shops, and massage places.
I was away from the hotel for two nights on a camping trip with Andaman Camp and Cruise and upon my return the staff had swithched the air con on for me in my room which i thought was very thoughtfull of them. On checkout i was sorry to leave and was asked could anything have been better. My reply was the stay was perfect and i have paid much more for far less. This hotel does not need to be improved on it is a gem 10/10. I will deffinately be a return visitor.I also travelled alone and this was perfect for a lone female i did not feel out of place

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple