“Quiet , beautyful and romantic”
Review of Cha Wan Resort

Cha Wan Resort
Ranked #43 of 109 Hotels in Ao Nang
Reviewed November 17, 2009

A little out from Ao Nang Center, but only a short walk of 5 min.
A beautyful resort with helpful and friendly staff. Stunning rooms clean and beautyfully decorated. Our balcony had sunloungers and chairs and our breakfast of choice was delivered in the morning to enjoy in privacy. A romantic , private and well looked after resort. We recouperated from our travels in no time and enjoyed the peace and food in lovely surroundings. Tip here - enjoy the bath - the tub is great!!!

Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Cha Wan Resort

Reviewed October 12, 2009

A fantastic hotel, the moment we walked into our room WOW! A truly great experience and the staff couldn't do enough for us, the food at the hotel was really good. The hotel is just off the main strip of Ao Nang, which was worth while as you can get away from the hustle and bustle of what can be a livley resort.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed August 19, 2009

• Stayed: August 2009
Reviewed March 26, 2009

I chose the Cha Wan as i had previously booked the Ao Nang Villa Resort and was advised to cancell due to renovations that might not be finished. Was i so glad i picked the Cha Wan.
First impressions small but nice open reception area very welcoming staff could not do enough for you. This is a small boutique resort consisting of 5 seperate villas with 10 rooms. I had asked for a upper floor and was pleased to see that they granted my request.Check in was smooth and my rather heavy suitcase was taken straight to my room.
My room was one of the best i have ever stayed in in Thailand and i have stayed in some of the best hotels. The villa was beautifull with a staircase leading to a massive balcony with lovely outside furniture and a sunbed. You went through patio doors to the bedroom which was so huge all wood panelled and wood flooring and a lovely king size bed. The whole decor was beautifull and there was everything in the room you could possibly need Tv, room safe, mini bar reasonable prices plenty of space for everything. The bathrooms were also spacious with seperate toilet, walk in shower,large bath, and vanity area all in marble.
I also liked the free wireless internet in the room which i made use off.
The room was so clean and spotless and everyday on my return it was immaculate.
Breakfast was delivered every morning to your balcony at the time requested and you had a choice from the menu. There was enough choice for me and it was so nice to enjoy the first meal of the day on your own balcony and enjoy the tasty food and surroundings.
The pool area where there were two small pools was lovely with attentive staff to bring you cocktails ect. It was a pleasure to chill out round these pools . The whole resort is just beautifull set around the pools. The villas are two storey thai style and i miss the place allready.
The restaurant i ate in on two nights and the food was exceptional and delicious the red curry was wonderfull. The menu had a wide choice of starters ,mains and deserts.Also all the food was reasonably priced.
The hotel is bout a 7 minute walk down into Ao Nang and it is situated near the Pavillion Queens Bay Hotel. It was a nice walk down into Ao Nang passing some local restaurants, shops, and massage places.
I was away from the hotel for two nights on a camping trip with Andaman Camp and Cruise and upon my return the staff had swithched the air con on for me in my room which i thought was very thoughtfull of them. On checkout i was sorry to leave and was asked could anything have been better. My reply was the stay was perfect and i have paid much more for far less. This hotel does not need to be improved on it is a gem 10/10. I will deffinately be a return visitor.I also travelled alone and this was perfect for a lone female i did not feel out of place

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
8  Thank jenson
Reviewed March 25, 2009

A wonderful oasis of peace and tranquillity where from the minute we arrived we felt at home. A large, comfortable room with king-sized bed, silk cushions, wood-panelled walls, marbled bathroom and patio doors leading to a shaded and secluded balcony. Outside. the 10 rooms overlooked a peaceful garden and pool area where the sound of fountains made it a perfect place to sit and relax.
A wide choice of breakfast was brought to our balcony every morning and excellent Thai food was served in the small restaurant in the evenings.
The staff were cheerful and very helpful making Cha Wan a perfect place to stay.
Our airport transfers (cheaper than local taxi) and our day trips were arranged by the resort (Green Planet, 4 islands by long-tail boat @ 450 Baht pp and Krabi Kingdom, Hong Island @ 800 Baht pp). For Thai or Oil massage we can also recommend nearby ‘Massage Corner’.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
6  Thank bse69
Reviewed December 29, 2008

Having seen the pictures on the website I booked this hotel, with knowing very little about it, as I couldn't find any reviews on it.
I have to admit I have no regrets at all.. as the place was simply beautiful... a proper quality boutique hotel.
Me and my husband arrived here in Dec and the girls immediately showed us to our room.
Once the door was open... we were both very happy... as the room was spacious, beautifully decorated, and even the bathroom was huge with a bath and a seperate stand in shower.
we also has a little garden patio with chairs outside and space to hang your laundry and towels......
over the 3 days when were there, we never saw any other guests (I think it was only us), and we had breakfast at the little restarant above the reception over looking the pool every morning...... and the pool is cleaned every morning as we see the handy man working on it.

The resort is fabulous... however there is a few little things which could have been better. The shower unfortunately kept switching hot and cold, and the breakfast menu is limited, so by day 4 ... we were pretty sick of the breakfast menu.
Also we were in room number 3 and it's close to the main road side.. so you do hear a lot vehicles passing by, so it might be a problem to some people.
Other than that, it's a marvellous place and I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
4  Thank Lillyvalley
Reviewed December 11, 2008

We stayed at Cha Wan for 2 nights in November as a part of our 2 week honeymoon in Thailand. The property was nice and secluded, although we did get a room that was close to the road, which was a bit noisy at times. Our room and bathroom were large and comfortable. The breakfast, served on our deck and in the restaurant, was good. The staff was also very helpful and friendly. Upon checkout, the receptionist actually used her own cell phone to make arrangements for us to be picked up by a driver from our next hotel. Our only complaints are that there was a strong sandalwood smell in the room and the hotel was a bit of a walk from the main strip.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple