I came to my honeymoon to this resort after a lot of research on trip advisor. Must say was very pleased with the room, especially the way it was decorated with flowers. The hotel surely did a good job at creating the right, first impression. The room itself left little to be desired, it had a splendid view of the cliff and overlooking the sea. There were a couple of chairs on the balcony where you can sit comfortably and watch the sea at a distance and have your beer. Though we didn't use the bathtub in the balcony. The interiors of the room was tasteful yet basic. The King size bed was comfortable and quite large. The minibar was well stocked. Limited no of international channels on the LCD that was there in the room. They give you most of the amenities, basic though, required for a comfortable stay.
The bathroom was nicely done, but had some basic things missing. There wasn't a towel rack, the towels were kept near the basin...you're not used to see that anywhere, I'm sure. There wasn't a shower curtain and neither was there a cubicle....so you end up wetting the bathroom after a shower!
Room service was nothing special to be mentioned here and the house keeping staff went a long way in tarnishing the perception of this hotel, at least for me.
While checking out yesterday, on 27 Feb, I forgot some of my clothes and I only remembered this once I claimed my baggage at Bangkok. After checking in to Swissotel in Bangkok, I checked all my luggage and found those clothes missing. I remembered to have left it in the bathroom while checking out. Upon calling the hotel came the shocker, they haven't find any stuff from my room. Upon repeated calls and request, the hotel managers insisted and 'assured' there wasn't anything left behind.
Now I have stayed in a lot many hotels in India and abroad, and have forgotten things....each time I was either lucky or the hotel house keeping were 'honest' to have found and kept my belongings and even on occasion, courier them back. Laptop chargers, phone chargers, track pants, even watches.
I'm shocked at the attitude of the hotel staff...and the lack of integrity of the house keepers at Ao Nang Cliff Beach Resort. Petty is the word best describes them. It wasn't the clothes that I lost that makes me upset, but the complete lack of honesty that the hotel depressed me with.
In gist, Ao Nang Cliff Beach Resort successfully spoilt my perfect honeymoon; but I continue to believe in the honesty of other hotels and Ao Nang Cliff Beach Resort I'm sure is a rarest of rare deviation in the industry.
Wanted to give 5 outta 5 to them; but they earns a Big Zero....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aonang Cliff Beach Resort is Krabi's 4 star boutique resort with spectacular views of the cliff and Andaman Sea. Located in the center of Aonang, with easy access to the beach, shopping, Dining and night life. 97 Newly refurbished, spacious guest rooms offer comfortable accommodation in Superior , Deluxe and Ocean View categories. The Ocean wing features sunset balcony for romantics and honeymooners. The resort offers a unique Thai restaurant and a boulevard cafe in Aonang's most versatile and lively shopping plaza. Around the resort pool you will find a Bar & Bistro, wellness center complete with Thai Spa, Gym, Muay Thai, Yoga and Tai Chi classes. Social and business events are celebrated in style for up to 180 guests in the new event center and on the Cliff Panorama Terrace. Coupled with grace of our Thai service memories are made of this. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Aonang Cliff Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aonang Cliff Beach Hotel Ao Nang
- Aonang Cliff Beach Resort Krabi/Ao Nang