One thing that Ao Nang is missing is a good choice of top quality hotels. All of the best hotels seem to be quite, or indeed very, isolated.
The Ao Nang Cliff Beach Resort is ideally located, a few minute's walk from the beach and near to all the restaurants and bars etc. The rooms are excellent and consistent with the overall standard of the hotel, which is as I'd expect from a four star hotel.
The view from the rooms is beautiful and I can't imagine any of the rooms have a poor view, given the hotel's location. On this theme, there is a fairly steep climb to the hotel and plenty of stairs within the hotel, so perhaps not ideal for somebody with mobility issues. If you don't, you won't notice the stairs, so don't take this as a negative.
The only slight negative is that email communication with the hotel is poor. I emailed a couple of times before coming and I got one email back, which was very short and my reply was ignored, then again to try and arrange airport transfers and my email was not answered again. I put this down to poor English but there are staff in the hotel who speak perfect English, so there is no excuse.
On this theme, expect a taxi from the aiport to cost 600THB and the return journey should cost you 500THB. There are buses, which are 150THB per person.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aonang Cliff Beach Resort is Krabi's 4 star boutique resort with spectacular views of the cliff and Andaman Sea. Located in the center of Aonang, with easy access to the beach, shopping, Dining and night life. 97 Newly refurbished, spacious guest rooms offer comfortable accommodation in Superior , Deluxe and Ocean View categories. The Ocean wing features sunset balcony for romantics and honeymooners. The resort offers a unique Thai restaurant and a boulevard cafe in Aonang's most versatile and lively shopping plaza. Around the resort pool you will find a Bar & Bistro, wellness center complete with Thai Spa, Gym, Muay Thai, Yoga and Tai Chi classes. Social and business events are celebrated in style for up to 180 guests in the new event center and on the Cliff Panorama Terrace. Coupled with grace of our Thai service memories are made of this. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aonang Cliff Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aonang Cliff Beach Hotel Ao Nang
- Aonang Cliff Beach Resort Krabi/Ao Nang