This hotel was very nice, worthy of the 4 star rating. We stayed here as part of an awesome 3 week island-hopping trip put together by Andaman Adventures (yes, I know Ao Nang isn’t on an island, but you can and we did go island hopping from there).
Our first impression of the location wasn’t great, as there is a McDonalds right underneath the resort. On closer acquaintance, though, we realized that actually the location is very good, in that you escape from the crowds down there on the main drag. Our room had a great sea view and mountain view too, we liked the room very much, especially the hot tub on the balcony, which was completely private ….
The hotel is 10 minutes on foot from the beach, with lots of bargain shops en route where you can buy pretty much everything you might need on a beach holiday. There are lots and lots of places to eat nearby, so we didn’t eat in much, but the food we did have at the resort was good. We liked the infinity pool and the fact that we were so close to everything. Ao Nang is quite busy, not as packed as Phuket I hasten to add, but still pretty busy. If you’re after a quiet beach holiday then you should go stay elsewhere. Personally, I really enjoyed Ao Nang, as it was the one busy destination in a multi-destination holiday put together for us by our travel agent (for more on the other resorts, see my other reviews). It was good to spend 4 nights in busy Ao Nang as we had just arrived from super-chilled Koh Mook and were en route to laid-back Lanta. I personally would not have wanted to spend my whole holiday in Ao Nang, though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aonang Cliff Beach Resort is Krabi's 4 star boutique resort with spectacular views of the cliff and Andaman Sea. Located in the center of Aonang, with easy access to the beach, shopping, Dining and night life. 97 Newly refurbished, spacious guest rooms offer comfortable accommodation in Superior , Deluxe and Ocean View categories. The Ocean wing features sunset balcony for romantics and honeymooners. The resort offers a unique Thai restaurant and a boulevard cafe in Aonang's most versatile and lively shopping plaza. Around the resort pool you will find a Bar & Bistro, wellness center complete with Thai Spa, Gym, Muay Thai, Yoga and Tai Chi classes. Social and business events are celebrated in style for up to 180 guests in the new event center and on the Cliff Panorama Terrace. Coupled with grace of our Thai service memories are made of this. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aonang Cliff Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aonang Cliff Beach Hotel Ao Nang
- Aonang Cliff Beach Resort Krabi/Ao Nang