Red Ginger is in a great location for anyone wanting to be close to the action in Ao Nang, but just far enough away to escape from the main-street craziness. Its a short walk into the main street - although the presence of shops and street vendors made it feel like the main street started virtually at your front door. There are tuk tuk's and taxis right there if a 5 min walk isn't your thing... but we always walked as so much to see (and taste!).
The resort itself was nice and clean. Not too fancy - although the decor kind of funky. It's not a huge resort and this was part of the appeal for us. The pool was nice and we had a pool access room which was definitely worth the extra money. The room was above average - probably in line with the price you pay - its not 5 star prices so you can't expect 5 star quality. We didn't have any complaints, the bed was nice and firm but we found the pillows too soft - but that's just nit picking! And the wi-fi access in our room wasn't great. There are some signs of age - few cracked tiles etc, but nothing too bad.
The service was fine but we didn't spend much time in the resort other than to sleep, have breakfast and a couple of afternoons in the pool for happy hour at the swim up bar. There's not much to do in the resort so if you like staying in, it might not be the best resort for you. For us it was all about location - with a nice room!
The breakfast was very average - typical mid-size hotel buffet with nothing special. If you are a health-nut like me you might struggle, not a lot of healthy choice other than fresh fruit, yoghurt (although sweetened), muesli and eggs. But then I don't pick my holiday accom based on breakfast choice...
OVerall we were happy with our decision to stay at Red Ginger, was exactly what we were after on this trip. Next time I might stay elsewhere but that's only because its nice to try other places and not to do with our experience. I'd recommend it to anyone wanting a nice reasonably priced resort, close to the action of Ao Nang.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like a tropical flower in bloom, Red Ginger Chic Resort is an inspiration for the senses. Red hot in stylish modernity and conveniences balanced with a cool chic ambience, the perfect holiday abode offering magnificent of views of Nopparat Thana Nation Park. With only 63 rooms and one restaurant serving international and Thai cuisines, this beautiful resort has a very exclusive and personal feel. There is a freshwater pool and pool bar plus alfresco fitness facility, while the beach is but a short stroll away.Red Ginger is located 200 metre from the center of Ao Nang Beach, in Krabi province, southern part of Thailand – (821 kilometers from Bangkok and 155 kilometers east of Phuket). The property is excellently located in the middle of Ao Nang and Nopparat Thara beach. It is a paradise for those who love snorkeling, scuba diving, ocean kayaking or even rock climbing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Red Ginger Chic Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Ginger Chic Hotel Ao Nang
- Red Ginger Chic Resort Krabi/Ao Nang