Our hopes had been high for our stay in January 2013 at the Red Ginger Chic Resort.This was due to good reviews, the fact we had paid more for this hotel than most of the other hotels we had stayed in throughout our three and a half week stay in Thailand and also because it was advertised as being 4* . We had been staying in 2 and 3 star accommodation previously, which in my opinion, were all of a much higher standard. First impressions had been extremely good, the welcoming staff were absolutely lovely and provided us with cool flannels and a small glass of fruit smoothie. Unfortunately, that is mostly where the positives of our stay were to be experienced!
This hotel had the potential to be lovely but our stay was ruined by the dirty and uncared for rooms. As soon as we walked in to our accommodation you could tell it was grimy without even looking too closely, there were old finger marks on all the dark, chipped, wood furniture, patio doors and walls. There was dust on many surfaces and more surprisingly on vertical surfaces such as the mirror and tall headboard above the bed- which surely indicates lack of cleaning for at least months. Worse still, there were crumbs on the day bed and dried food smeared on the cushions. The immitation birdcage bedside lamps were completely encrusted with dust and the downstairs day bed lamps were stained with dirt and mildew. The toilet and shower were clean but the glass shelves were dusty, particularly in the corners. Thankfully the bed linen was clean and this was the only reason we managed to bring ourselves to stay in this hotel for the three nights that we had prepaid for. After the first night my husband complained and a disgruntled female supervisor (with no apology) showed us to another room that was only marginally cleaner. Unfortunately in that room the toilet cistern was faulty and running water could be heard continuously.
Yes we should have complained again but we didn't want to have our last few days in Thailand ruined, so decided to just get on with it, after-all the other hotels we had stayed in had been lovely. (See my other reviews).
The only positives about this hotel were that it had a good restaurant and it was situated in a quiet road but was still quite close to the shops, restaurants and beaches.
I have written a number of reviews for Tripadvisor and am very reluctant to write a negative review (my first), as it can have serious repercussions for the hotel concerned but I also think it is most important to give an accurate description for future customers/tourists to be guided by. I intend to attach photos of this hotel to add credence to my review.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like a tropical flower in bloom, Red Ginger Chic Resort is an inspiration for the senses. Red hot in stylish modernity and conveniences balanced with a cool chic ambience, the perfect holiday abode offering magnificent of views of Nopparat Thana Nation Park. With only 63 rooms and one restaurant serving international and Thai cuisines, this beautiful resort has a very exclusive and personal feel. There is a freshwater pool and pool bar plus alfresco fitness facility, while the beach is but a short stroll away.Red Ginger is located 200 metre from the center of Ao Nang Beach, in Krabi province, southern part of Thailand – (821 kilometers from Bangkok and 155 kilometers east of Phuket). The property is excellently located in the middle of Ao Nang and Nopparat Thara beach. It is a paradise for those who love snorkeling, scuba diving, ocean kayaking or even rock climbing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Red Ginger Chic Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Ginger Chic Hotel Ao Nang
- Red Ginger Chic Resort Krabi/Ao Nang