“Lunch and Dinner”

On The Rocks
Cuisines: Barbecue, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Informal and convivial, On The Rocks at Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi serves Thai and international fare, featuring a variety of barbecued fresh seafood and meat. Take in spectacular views of the bay and the sunsets while enjoying your preferred cocktail and a light meal. Steps away from the swimming pool and the bay, On The Rocks also serves a selection of tapas, gourmet pizzas and grilled seafood.
Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

We're staying in the Centara so we had lunch here. Nice location over looking the beach. We ordered the special - Chang Tower (3 litres), pizza, garlic bread and fries all for 1200 baht. A little pricy but if you bought the items separately it would cost you more. The pizza is very good.
My husband became poorly in the afternoon, I don't think it's related to the food we ate.
We had planned to go into the main town for dinner but we decided to stay close to the hotel as my husband was still in bed feeling poorly. Myself and my two teenage sons went back to On The Rocks for dinner. We ordered the pulled pork burger, another pizza (we like pizza) and the waffle fries - all very nice but the burger had two many flavours my son said. We also ordered the chocolate lava cake, it was cold we were expecting it to be warm?
This is a nice place to eat but they do add service charge and the VAT at the end so the price you see on the menu is not the price you pay. I don't like this about this hotel they do it in all of their restaurants and bars. If I want to tip I'll tip because the service has been good, the food outstanding, etc.. to make you tip everytime makes the whole process of tipping pointless and meaningless.
Come on Centara you need to sort this one out.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

The bar is ok, the staff is polite, buf you got to pay the location in cash... 290 thb for a cocktail.. + 7% tax + 10% service charge... what a rip off for Thailand!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 3, 2018

We walked in from Ao Nang and it was worth the 10 minute walk. Lovely view and the beers were cold. Didn't eat anything but service was prompt and friendly. A little more expensive than the other bars (170 THB + 17% tax and service) but good to do once.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank britabroad34
Reviewed March 14, 2018 via mobile

We are staying at Centara resort and took a drink at this pool bar/restaurant. We ordered Mojitos wich tasted like limonade drink with no alcohol.
We ordered a hamburger for our daughter and it was dry and tasteless.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed March 8, 2018

I stopped here for lunch first day and had a couple of drinks, nice location, food was OK nothing great. Second day I just stopped in for a beer, I ordered our drinks then people came to the bar and ordered food. A's if by magic I became totally invisible and spent the next 10 minutes being ignored. I left the bar minus our drinks, I'm not even sure they noticed, but to be fair I was invisible! :0(

Date of visit: December 2017