“Rude staff :0(”

On The Rocks
Cuisines: Barbecue, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Informal and convivial, On The Rocks at Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi serves Thai and international fare, featuring a variety of barbecued fresh seafood and meat. Take in spectacular views of the bay and the sunsets while enjoying your preferred cocktail and a light meal. Steps away from the swimming pool and the bay, On The Rocks also serves a selection of tapas, gourmet pizzas and grilled seafood.
Reviewed March 8, 2018

I stopped here for lunch first day and had a couple of drinks, nice location, food was OK nothing great. Second day I just stopped in for a beer, I ordered our drinks then people came to the bar and ordered food. A's if by magic I became totally invisible and spent the next 10 minutes being ignored. I left the bar minus our drinks, I'm not even sure they noticed, but to be fair I was invisible! :0(

Reviewed January 7, 2018 via mobile

I stayed at Centera for 2 weeks in December 2017 and my husband and I ate here several times for lunch and dinner. There is a choice of seating areas, we personally loved the beanbags on the beach! There is a selection of meals to suit all which was always fresh and tasty. The staff were friendly but a little more laid back compared to other restaurants at the hotel.

Reviewed January 1, 2018 via mobile

You can have a romantic candlelight dinner by the beach with your love one. Great food and stunning view. Highly recommended for couples.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed December 25, 2017 via mobile

We stayed 10 days at the Centara Grand and this particular beach side Resturant was special for us..

First of all, the Centara Grand is a great resort with lots of great restaurants and people but this review is specifically about On The Rocks.

The place is open all day and right on the beach near the swimming pool.

Lunch was always very good and we always had a drink about 5ish and often sat and watched a perfect sun set. The view is stunning and the surrounding cliffs make it very special. Excuse pics below as it was not the best day.

We have most of our evening meals here and the food was always very good.

Drinks menu is varied. They serve decent wine and a full range of cocktails.

The staff are great with kids and we got to know them very quickly.. they would always remember us and save us a special table for all 5.

Some nights they had a great singer which completed a perfect spot.

Special mention to Ya. He was very funny, helpful and really took care of my family and was one of several key members of staff who contributed to a great holiday over Xmas.

My son is a fussy eater and they always made him Spaghetti Bolognaise off the menu.. it was fantastic by the way.

Great staff and chefs. They seem to enjoy their work

This resort is really special and places like this are simply unique...

Ps. Just about to celebrate Xmas Day night here and the amount of effort that they have already put in is incredible.

Honestly, please try this place... respect these wonderful people and you will get so much back

Reviewed December 20, 2017 via mobile

This is the 2nd time we have stayed at the Centara in Krabi and every time we eat more than once at this restaurant in the hotel.

There is nothing better than sitting with your feet in the sand, facing the ocean, drinking a Lemongrass Mojito, listening to a Christmas carols and tasting some of their fantastic dishes.

We have sampled a few of their options (Pad thai, sliders, Tom Yum Papadelle pasta, Pulled pork) and all were very good!

What a lovely setting - and if you want a private romantic dinner for you and your partner, this can also be arranged.

5/5 rating from me - well done!

This is definitely a piece of Thailand and Krabi we will always remember!