Just returned from touring around Cambodia and Thailand and stayed in Royal Nakara for about a week. Rooms were lovely, with great service, excellent air conditioning, very helpful staff, clean and comfortable. Breakfast adequate, bacon sausages tomato rice etc plus cereals and fruit and eggs done to taste. Pool is fairly small, and is a little cool and closes far too early at 7 pm in my opinion. After the heat of the streets and getting back after dinner, it would be lovely to be in pool, but its closed. It is down two floors via stairs from reception areas. A disadvantage is the location which is up a hill from main areas of beach and shopping. Tuk tuk about 40 baht though each way or 80 baht for four people. There is no real footpath to walk up and down the hill. However there is also access from hotel to main areas via very steep steps. Next to hotel, is a small minimart, laundry service, and a four or five restaurants. Finally found a restaurant and bar where we felt very much at home about a 5 minute tuk tuk drive away. This is The Hippy Bar, and is run and owned by Atin and his wife. Went there every night after we discovered it. Live music by Atin, his daughter and his band who play fabulous music (mostly English - wide range) suitable for every age. Best musicians I've heard live for a long time! Special request I recommend would be for band to do "Do do do" a thai song by Job to Do. Serve great food and they'd do anything they could for you to make you feel welcomed. His "mama" in kitchen cooked me a Massaman curry which is not on the menu, but they go out of their way to please you. Lovely people. Also there is a fire show after which was great. Cannot recommend this restaurant more highly. Hotel is lovely for price, however, has its disadvantages in location only.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Nakara Ao Nang proudly presents the perfect combination of the Thai modern architecture, infrastructure, comfortable facilities and typical Thai hospitality with warm, friendliness and courteous services by the professional staff with the treatment displaying the uniquely characteristic quality of the Thai host. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Royal Nakara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Nakara Ao Nang Hotel Ao Nang
- Royal Nakara Ao Nang Krabi
- The Royal Nakara Krabi/Ao Nang