“Fantastic German Food meal.”

Chef Henrie Bistro & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Mactier
Description: Chef Henrie graduated from the Austrian culinary school Landesberufsschule Obertrum in 2014. Awarded the esteemed "Goldener Kochloffel" (Golden Spoon), in his final year of apprenticeship, a star was placed in the walkway of the academy. Now back in his childhood stomping grounds of MacTier, Ontario, the talented Chef has opened a bistro, bringing the tastes of Europe home.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were looking for a memorable meal while on vacation in Muskoka and found the Chef Henrie Bistro and Cafe. The German food was as good (or better) than any that we had experienced while living in Germany! The restaurant is small so reservations are recommended. Clean washrooms and restaurant. Service was great. Reasonable prices.

Date of visit: June 2019
Write a reviewReviews (25)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Good Schnitzel....had over my visits chicken, pork Schnitzel ...both very good. Heinrich also makes his own ice cream.... it's to die for !!!!
Prices are very reasonable.
Krumbacher beer on tap is excellent, correct temperature and always tastes fresh.
Please support them especially during the winter months.... it's always a tough time for restaurants in the country.....I know I will!!!!

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

So glad we went for an early dinner, as they were booked solid. We managed to get a table for two. We both had schnitzel...OMG..so big.Almost filled the whole plate. We asked to f we could substitute the mixed salad for a small Caesar salad..no problem. So refreshing to have a homemade dressing made with egg. Delicious. The schnitzel was piping hot..great when everything is made fresh. We had to have dessert...the cheesecake was just the right size and very creamy. By the time we left every table was filled. Very nicely decorated.ake a reservation!

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed September 3, 2019 via mobile

It’s hard to find more than a diner style breakfast in Muskoka and Henri’s delivered!! A simple and perfectly done frittata and the best coffee in Muskoka is what made me write this review! The menu is not extensive - which I’m sure helps them keep the quality on point. Great service from some down to earth friendly staff. Keep up the good work guys :)

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 31, 2019

The tiny town of Mactier has long needed a decent restaurant, and this definitely fits the bill. An Austrian trained local has set up a cozy yet elegant combination cafe and bistro that was excellent for lunch, and the dinner menu that I perused looked great as well. The handmade burger that I had was originally cooked safely and rare in the European fashion, they happily cooked it a little more for me at my request. All enjoyed their meal. There were families with younger children, and other ages of guests including one sitting and working on a computer. They can give you access to wifi if you want. You can come for takeout coffee and snacks and meals, or stay in and enjoy the pleasantly decorated room. The washroom facilities are unisex and well decorated and clean. I will definitely be going back. I hope that the locals keep it busy over the long winter with few cottagers around. If you are heading farther north, it is worth a little detour to visit.

Date of visit: August 2019