“Awesome ”

MS Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 38 Restaurants in Mljet Island
Cuisines: Croatian
Reviewed August 31, 2017 via mobile

Best place we visited on the Dalmatian Coast! Such cool staff and great food! The wild boar was unreal and the drinks were amazing. Definitely make a stop here

1  Thank Jay G

Reviewed August 26, 2017 via mobile

Food is indeed expencive, but the place looks clean. Staff is very young, not too experienced, but charming.

2  Thank Ivana V
Reviewed August 25, 2017

We spent two weeks in Saplunara. I am a Tripadvisor user of tips and ratings, so (due to many bad reviews and to the very high prices in the restaurant) I have not decided to dinner in the MS.
One evening we went to the MS for a drink and pancakes.

Already on arrival, the gentleman (I think was the shift manager) told us that for the pancakes we have to to wait half an hour, as the food is prepared on a regular basis and they have everything occupied. We sat on the bar chairs (all three bar tables were empty) and ordered some drinks.
In about 45 minutes, I ordered pancakes through a girl who served us the drinks. She went to the previous gentleman, and he went to the chef and ordered him to make the pancakes. The chef rushed up and yelled that he would't make pancakes, not now and not in half an hour. The gentlemen asked him what to do, and the chef told him to leave us.

The gentlemen approached our table and told us that there is no pancakes.
I got up, paid the drinks, and we left with an oath that we would never go back there anymore.

I am totaly agree with the many bad reviews.

4  Thank Alan P
Reviewed August 21, 2017 via mobile

Avoid this dodgy place! It started off seemingly good, my husband and I were welcomed with a smile & placed at a table, cute decor & relaxed feel but that quickly changed. There was only one polite waitress, the rest were extremely rude & have no idea on customer service. I ordered a plate of pancakes with honey & agreed this isn't at fault with the restaurant but my meal was completely attacked by wasps. My husbands meal was not touched but I'm not one to exaggerate, there was 6 wasps on my plate that would not leave despite my efforts, it was literally impossible to eat. They waitress saw this & didn't offer any solutions so I asked if I could get it take away & the waitress said no? I said but I can't eat like this & she shrugged her shoulders and walked off. I then asked the other waitress if I could take it away and she said of course! My question is if they knew that this would occur, which they would, why would they have that meal as an option on the menu when your customers obviously won't be able to eat it?? We then moved away from that table and sat on one of the stools so my husband could finish his meal before getting the bill and then realised we were charged a 50kuna cover charge for the table which we disputed because we were not at all told about this & it was nowhere on the menu. This place is a rip off and it's so wrong they expect you to pay a made up cover charge without telling you. We were treated like criminals after saying we weren't going to pay the cover charge, they took photos of us and said they were calling the police!! I've never been treated like that ever, it was a terrible experience and the waiters/waitresses do not know how to treat their customers. The staff were so unreasonable & some had an extremely terrible attitude when we asked for an explanation on the cover charge. So unprofessional!! We ended up paying the cover charge because it just got so out of hand that it wasn't worth the drama. Ps the food was very average as well.

5  Thank candice332017
Reviewed August 20, 2017

We were unlucky enough to visit this restaurant whilst on a sailing holiday. We waited three hours for our massively expensive meal. A third of the menu was not available. The children left hungry even though their meals cost 20 Euro a head. When we refused to pay the whole bill (which we reduced by 15% to make the point that we'd had a miserable evening and had to wait three hours for our food to which their response was that this was not a fast food outfit) they threatened to call the police on us. Worst restaurant experience ever - this place does not deserve to be in business.

4  Thank timoflondon68