“Once BITTEN twice BITTEN thrice BITTEN and not shy”
Review of Ibis Lincoln

Ibis Lincoln
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in North Hykeham
Reviewed June 20, 2011

After having struggled last week to find hotels I accepted with my booking staff to stay at the IBIS Lincoln.
After my first night I noticed a couple of painful bites on my body. I thought that maybe it was the bed in the room as I was dubious but it looked OK. I went about my business to stay in the room a second night, big mistake bite after bite a course of antihystemene. Slight diarrhoea got up at 5 o'clock i changed rooms and the night staff admitted the rooms had needed a debugging recently
The following nights sleep was uninhibited (thank god) and the hotel reimbursed my company credit card for the two bad nights. My office staff received a call stressing that the hotel room was clean but the refund remained. Now i have 46 bites on my body some on my toes and feet rendering any other bite location possibility impossible
This has annoyed me as a blatant cover up is taking place fess up guys it is OK but painful for me as long as there has been action not a denial for me this is an admission of guilt. Especially as the night staff had stated there was a problem in the first place!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank Welshyboy69
DPA3161, General Manager at Ibis Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2011

I am extremely disappointed to read your comments regarding your stay here at the Ibis Hotel in Lincoln. We take all comments and feedback very seriously, but I would also like to address some of your concerns. The hotel has never had any previous issues regarding any kind of bugs. Immediately after your stay as part of the investigation that followed the room was inspected by an independant and certified pest control company. The room was found to be clean and free of any kind of bug infestation, for which I have a report from the company. I would be happy to share this with you and answer any further queries you may have. Regards, Dave Amans

An Accor traveler
Weston Super Mare
Reviewed June 19, 2011

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 13, 2011

The Hotel is located in a rather non-descript area on the outskirts of Lincoln.
However for the price I thought it good value, and had no problems. They have a nice bar/breakfast area, and the breakfast choices were good.
The only thing I ofund a bit odd was that the bathroom was clearly designed for disabled people. I dont know if all the rooms were like this, but it made the basin very low, and the shower was without a cubicle...more like a wet room.
Overall it was good value for money, and i would return.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo

Thank you for your review. All of your comments are appreciated and it is good to hear that overall you had a good experience with us and would return to the hotel again. If you have any queries regarding the room types then please don't hesitate to contact any of the team here, who would be happy to answer your questions. We look forward to seeing you again. Regards, Dave Amans

Reviewed June 12, 2011

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Holyroller2014

A TripAdvisor Member
Mechelen
Reviewed June 4, 2011

Good value for money. Rather poor soundproofing, though. Ample parking, but rather far from Lincoln city centre. Staff was friendly, rooms and hallways very clean. Had some issues with the plumbing, though - yet had the same problem with the IBIS in Preston, Lancashire. Perhaps a general problem?

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. All feedback is welcomed, and all of your comments have been noted. I will pass your comments regarding the staff on to the team here, and we hope that we can welocme you back to the hotel again very soon. Regards, Dave Amans.

A TripAdvisor Member
lincoln
Reviewed May 22, 2011

On arriving on our second stay we were disappointed to see that the valance had numerous stains on it...we did inform the staff and we were told nothing could be done as there was no housekeeping till the next morning at this my husband asked if there was any other solution but the member of staff was not for offering any until " wiolla" (another member of staff) arrived who offered us the disabled room we eventually took the valance off! .Our nights sleep was very poor as the bed had obviously seen better days and was very uncomfortable AND the duvet cover was split!! very disappointed!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
DPA3161, Manager at Ibis Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2011

Thank you for your review I am pleased to here your comments regarding the team here at Ibis Lincoln and in particular one member of staff, who i will be sharing this with. I am however very disappointed to hear about the issues you had with the bed during your stay. Please rest assured that I will be investigating the issue with the staff member concerned to avoid future reoccurance. I hope that you will give us the chance to welcome you into the hotel again some time in the future for a much happier nights sleep. Kind Regards, Dave Amans.

Reviewed May 17, 2011

Stayed two nights,Bathroom strong smell of drains, really uncomfortable noisy bed, only one pillow, v small thin towels in bathroom and extractor fan didn't work, breakfast not very nice. Staff not very helpful

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank beentheregottshirt

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. I would like to apologise for all of the issues you encountered during your stay, and assure you that this is not the normal standard of service that i would expect. I take all comments very seriously and will be investigating immediately. I hope that you may in the future give us the opportunity to welcome you into the hotel for a much more enjoyable stay. Kind Regards, Dave Amans.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Hykeham
#2 of 2 in North Hykeham
Holiday Inn Lincoln
Holiday Inn Lincoln
#9 of 14 in Lincoln

Been to Ibis Lincoln? Share your experiences!