1,234 results
All reviews groupon deal afternoon tea jacuzzi and sauna small pool honeymoon suite lovely grounds log fire country house old building four poster an upgrade scones bar menu relaxing break leisure facilities birthday treat two night stay
Reviewed October 18, 2018 via mobile

Branston Hall is situated 10 minutes outside Lincoln, set in parkland. Lovely period hotel with an interesting history used to be a RAF hospital. Rooms are in fitting with the hotel full of charm and very comfortable beds stayed now 4 times. I am often travelling alone for work and feel extremely safe and comfortable in the hotel. The restaurant and bar menu frequently change and are varied, all freshly cooked to a high standard. Would make a beautiful wedding venue.

Trip type: Traveled on business
HRGuestRelations, Manager at Branston Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2018

Dear Karenfayjones,

Thank you for your lovely comments; we look forward to welcoming you again.

Kind regards
Branston Hall Hotel

Reviewed October 17, 2018

We booked for 6 as one of our colleagues was getting married. We arrived and the place was fairly quiet with only 3 other people seated.
The waiting staff were friendly and helpful but the order a sandwich from the menu is hardly English afternoon tea. Scones were good bit the cakes were very small portions, ( size of a 50p piece) and weren’t anything special.
When we went to reception to pay there was some confusion over the booking and we were all charged £22 each. When it came to my turn to pay, I commented and was told we had ordered the champagne afternoon tea which we hadn’t. The reception then threw a strop because she had to start refunding our party.
To top it all at £15 a throw it wasn’t great value either. Overall poor and I would avoid

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Kevan E

Dear Kevan E,

Thank you for your constructive comments, we are in the process of reviewing your feedback and they will be acted upon.

Kind regards,

Branston Hall Hotel

Reviewed October 14, 2018

My wife & I decided to visit Branston Hall Hotel for our wedding anniversary thinking that it would be a good option for something more special. Bearing in mind that their website says "Our restaurant team will make your dining an experience to remember".
So, we booked our table for 7.30pm on the 12th October 2018 informing them that I am vegetarian and we were told this would not be a problem.

The building is very nice, parking great and the bar staff are very pleasant. We bought drinks at the bar and we were given menus before being taken through to the restaurant. I was horrified as there was no vegetarian options on the menu and when we questioned this, we were then given a separate vegetarian menu. Come on, vegetarians aren't that few and far between are they? Anyway, panic over and everything was back on track, or so we thought. The restaurant itself is very much lacking atmosphere, no background music, bland décor and not overly welcoming. Plenty of flies buzzing around though so I suppose this adds to ambiance. Nothing seemed to go right, we were offered a choice bread rolls, my wife chose a sesame seed roll which fell on the floor. When our mains and desserts arrived they were taken to the wrong table, TWICE. We had to ask for drinks to be replenished even though the restaurant was not busy This is not something we expected from such a 'quality' restaurant. Speaking about quality, the table just behind us were no doubt part of a wedding party, they ordered FISH & CHIPS and BURGERS from the bar menu, even though they were dining in the restaurant - fine dining eh. To be fair, their food did look more appetising than our food from the A la carte menu. The food itself was OK, nothing you would class as fine dining, I guess the fish & chips and burgers gives it away. Very disappointing and we won't be returning, there are plenty more options in and around Lincoln that offer far better food and far better service.

2  Thank J6447CFmail
HRGuestRelations, Manager at Branston Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2018

Dear reviewer,
Thank you for your constructive comments, we will review all of your feedback and they will be acted upon.
Kind regards,Branston Hall Hotel

Reviewed October 14, 2018

as soon as you arrive at this beautiful building you get first class treatment from
the staff all the staff from reception to bar staff/waiter and waiteres nothing is to much trouble
my wife is having to use crutches at the moment (broken leg ) and the lovely young girl on reception offered us the use of their wheelchair as soon as she saw my wife situation
it made our stay so much easier for us
we enjoyed drinks in the bar and had a lovely dinner in the restaurant in the evening followed by more drinks in a nice cosy room had a good laugh with other residents
our room was perfect and just as they said it was easy access for my wife just perfect
thank you to all the staff we had such a lovely stay at your beautiful hotel an you made it that way

Room tip: if you have mobility issues room 404 perfect

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for your lovely comments; we look forward to welcoming you again.
Kind regards, Branston Hall Hotel

Reviewed October 9, 2018

We had booked rooms earlier in the year for my daughter's wedding but I had a serious operation and had to keep them waiting for me to either cancel or carry on. We had to cancel in the end. They were very kind and sympathetic. So on our next visit we booked in here. It is a beautiful building in fantastic grounds. Great staff, lots of smiles, excellent food, absolutely gorgeous room. We had booked the afternoon tea and dinner option but arrived too late for the afternoon tea. So we were offered a bar snack instead which was not added to the bill. Dinner the next evening was wonderful. Absolutely loved this place and would love to have stayed a bit longer to try out the facilities. The only minor downside is that some of the rooms are really warm so the fan was very welcome. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: September 2018