“Great Country House Hotel”

Washingborough Hall Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Washingborough
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Although the room that I stayed in (16) was quite small for a double compared to other hotels and the shower was not the best in the world, the attention from the staff and the quality of the food more than made up for this. I stayed here with a colleague as we had a business meeting in Lincoln, but if I were to consider staying in the area again either for business or pleasure then I would not hesitate to book here again. The hotel is situated in a nice quiet village and would be a great base to use if you wished to explore the Lincolnshire countryside.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Washyhall1, Owner at Washingborough Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind review, should you visit another time could I suggest one of our fantastic Four Poster bedrooms - I guarantee you'll be delighted.

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Party of 20 enjoyed a superb 3 course sunday lunch in a fantastic country hoyse hotel.
Nothing was too much trouble for Frank and his team of friendly and efficient waitresses.
A perfect place for my in-laws 60th wedding anniversary.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Our wedding day 7th March 2013. Where do I start from the moment we found Washingborough hall on mothering Sunday 2011 me and andy knew this was the place for us. Finally in September 2012 we met with Lucy to talk about our wedding, the moment we sat down with her I knew no where else would even come close.
so after 48 hours we decided to go ahead and book and from that moment on Lucy and the fantastic team took all the pressures away. In Jan 2013 we met with Dan the incredible chef and tried our wedding menu and the fabulous frank talked us through all our options and wine that would compliment our choices. As we got closer to the wedding the team liaised with all out outside services which helped massively.
The wedding Day - was fantastic I felt so clam and relaxed and the reception team where great especially ness even though I had flu they all massively looked after me all our friends and family commented on how special and intermit the day felt and warm and friendly. I can truly say that Washingborough is the most fantastic venue not only for weddings but for a special family dinner or a romantic get away. Andy and I are so massively thankful for all of your hard work and for making our special day even more special. Thank you again. Nikki and Andy Hawkes

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I stay at many hotels, however this hotel ticks all the boxes. Friendly people, very comfortable rooms, new beds in all the rooms, great service from Rob & Helen on reception and to top it all one of the best meals I've had. Can't fault it, all I can do is recommend it. Call or book via their website for the best deals, I can't wait to go back.

2  Thank JustmyopinionX

Wow, what a fantastic review - thank you.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I first visited washingborough hall with my daughter when looking for wedding venue , we looked no further after talking to Lucy and seeing the beautiful setting of this lovely house . Lucy was so helpful and all of her staff are second to none ! Lovely comfy room, excellent food from chef Dan , frank keeping us all watered , Ness on reception who I want as my new best friend , the lovely little gang of waiters and waitresses and Lucy pulling it all together . The wedding , the food and my overnight stay was perfect , thank you .

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 12, 2013

March 9 th 2013. Our wedding day,from the very moment we visited the hotel we felt so relaxed.Lucy was so helpful and accommodating really helping us to make our wedding unique and special for us. The Hotel itself has been beautifully refurbished, a real boutique countryside retreat, Lucy and Ed and their staff really care about the place and the service it gives answering every e mail from an anxious Bride to be with a 'can do' approach. Lucy advised and liaised with all the outside services we used for our wedding in a prompt and professional manner.....nothing was too much trouble. When hiring Washingborough Hall Hotel for your wedding you have exclusivity of the venue which was wonderful, all our guests felt so happy and relaxed, the bedrooms were beautiful (especially the bridal suite which has the most comfortable bed ever!!). The food at the Hotel is second to none, Dan the chef was wonderful tailoring the menu to our needs, everything was delicious from the wedding breakfast, the evening buffet (really lovely cheeseboards) and a first class full English the next day. We really cannot find any fault with Washingborough Hall and the service we received at all, we looked at other places to compare and nothing came close as Lucy said "we care about your day" which was so apparent, this really isn't just a money making operation......in fact Lucy advised against an idea of mine which actually saved money!!!! We have had so many compliments about our wedding, venue, food and the hotel staff (especially Ness and Frank).....everyone is wonderful, working so hard to make your wedding day so special and memorable......we really cannot thank them all enough, just really sad it's all over!

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Wayneemmasouth
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I love this place. Ed and Lucy have really created a gem of a place. above all the quality of the service, the setting and the food is first class. We stayed for a weekend in oneof the upstairs double rooms and could not have ased for more. Perfect.

Room Tip: Stay in a double room upstairs in the main house.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rob P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Washingborough
The Lincoln Hotel
#2 of 14 in Lincoln
The White Hart
The White Hart
#10 of 14 in Lincoln

Been to Washingborough Hall Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!