“Surfing keeps insanity away at Two Brothers!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Las Salinas
Two Brothers Surf Resort
Port of Spain, Trinidad
“Surfing keeps insanity away at Two Brothers!”
Reviewed May 16, 2011

I highly recommend Two Brothers Surf Resort to anyone thinking of visiting Nicaragua. We could not have picked a better place to stay in Popoyo. From its vantage point atop the hill overlooking the coastline, Two brothers offers amazing views from comfortable surroundings, whether its checking the surf at dawn or relaxing in the pool after a great session at sunset.
The local knowledge of the many spots and the hospitality offered by the owner, Rob, and surf guide, Luke, makes you feel safe and relaxed, either travelling on the dusty roads to the local beachbreaks or riding out on the panga to the more secluded offshore locations.
And the food was amazing! Simply the best I've ever had on a surf trip! By far!
Many thanks again to Rob, Luke & Henry for making this such a memorable trip and you can be sure we will be back next year!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Port of Spain, Trinidad
Reviewed May 4, 2011

I strongly recommend Two Brothers Surf Lodge if travelling to Nicaragua to surf. It's situated in Popoyo on top of a provately owned hill that over looks some of the best breaks in Nicaragua, Beachy, Popoyo & Popoyo Outer Reef so you can get a great indication of the swell and wind daily. It's also minutes drive away from some of the other beach breaks as well as minutes away from the habour where Two Brothers boat is located. It's about the mid point between all the known breaks so very convenient to get to them in short time.
Apart from the conveneinece, the resort is just absolutely perfect. Extremely comfortable, great food and the hospitality of the owners are very welcoming. You don't feel like you're in a hotel, you feel as though they have welcomed you into thier home. Not to mention that they are extremely knowledgeable of the country and all breaks etc. After seeing all the resorts and from my experience, I would not stay anywhere else!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Groton, Connecticut
Reviewed April 24, 2011

My brother and my two sons and I just completed a trip to Nicaragua. This place is a real jem. Robert and his staff do a great job of making you feel welcome and are full of advice that make your stay more comfortable. The views are breathtaking. He even let us use his house phone to contact the states and the balcony at the top of his home for sunset vista pictures.

Room Tip: all great
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed April 18, 2011

It started with 5 guys wanting to go on a surf trip where none of us had been before. We chose Nicaragua and researched camps and settled on Two Brothers all-inclusive package. It was a bit pricey but you definetly get what you pay for. Also, it was the absolute safest place to stay, and you just can't put a price on that. Transportation was smooth and easy. Our lodging was on the hill and provided a great night breeze, protection against bugs, and the most spectacular views of Popoyo's pacific coastline. Accomodations were top notch. The pool has spectacular sunsets! Our host, Robert, is the kind of man that rolls up his sleeves and gets the job done! He was very resilient with our needs and was on time for every meal, boat trip, and shuttle to the beaches. He has lived an amazing life, surfed all over the world, and when asked what his favorite wave he's ever surfed, he replied "the next wave!" Luke was our tour guide and quickly became like a 6th member of our group. He was there most every moment for us and is loaded with local insight. We surfed 4 different breaks and playgrounds quickly became my favorite spot. We had the option to surf more breaks but the wind didn't quite cooperate enough for those breaks. Two Brothers also has a rental board room that is impressive. For 15 dollars a day you can save the cost and hassle of bringing your own boards. There are amazing photo opportunities everywhere. The locals are friendly, although I would recommend brushing up on your Spanish because not many of them speak english. I highly recommend Two Brothers, they are second to none in Nicaragua!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed March 11, 2011

Two Brother's Surf was the sweetest place I've ever stayed. I traveled to Nicaragua with just me and two girl friends, and we couldn't have felt safer with Robert, the owner. The villas are high on a hill with the most breathtaking views no matter which way you're looking. There were no mosquitoes and the beds were cozy which made for a very peaceful sleep. We stayed at the Serena Villa, I believe, and the best part about it was the additional refreshing outdoor shower. I never want to shower indoors again.
Robert was always available for questions and to guide us in the right direction for our daily activities and exploration. We cooked a lot of our own food provided by a tiny local market for mad cheap. Fresh mango, papaya, the sweetest pineapple you've ever tasted, and banana pancakes were standard for breakfast at our Villa, and we bought it all for dirt cheap, thanks to Luke, the surf guide at Two Brother's. If you want the hook up for the best places to go, the best places to see, and the best surf, definitely stay at Two Brother's. We can't wait to plan our next trip there.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank nrg88
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed March 11, 2011

We had such an awesome experience at Two Brother's Surf! This resort easily takes the cake for the best resort in Popoyo. The pictures can't do justice to how beautiful the view is from on top of the hill and you can see all of the beach breaks, which for surfers is key. The villa we stayed in could not have been more perfect, with its beautiful hand painted tiles and Gaudi style architecture. Oh, and the additional outdoor shower with the breath taking view was our favorite! You won't meet a cooler guy than lifetime surfer and resort owner, Robert. As three young girls traveling alone, we could not have felt more safe than we did on his property. He looked out for our safety like he would his own children but still gave us space to do our own thing. Robert's surf guide, Luke also quickly became one of our favorite friends in Nicaragua. He knew some of the coolest spots and people around and could not have been a nicer guy! I have traveled a good bit, seeing over 15 countries and my trip to Nicaragua was easily one of my favorites thanks to Robert's help. We can't wait to plan our next trip to Nicaragua and we will definitely be revisiting our friends at Two Brother's Surf Resort!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Highland, Illinois
Reviewed December 19, 2010

Our stay at Two Brothers was the highlight of our Nicaraguan adventure. The grounds are magnificent and the villa (el rancho) was perfect for our group of 4. We loved getting up early to stand at the pool area and watch the place come to life. The view of the local breaks is perfect. Seeing the many types of birds flying by and hearing the howler monkeys in the forest to the north made me realize how close to nature we were there.

After a quick breakfast in the room it was off to surf down at the beach. We had high tides in the morning and evenings(it seems that high tide works best there...) and I got in my morning surf while my wife, sister-in-law and 6 year old daughter went hunting for shells and building sand castles. I'd join them after the tide turned and couldn't believe how many great shells there are to find on this beach. The tide pools, to the north, were filled with anemones, urchins, crabs and other critters. We spent hours exploring and didn't see it all.

I rented a board(actually I rented one and used it for a couple of days then traded it in for another one...) from Robert and it worked out great. Huge number of well-cared-for boards. I'm glad I didn't need to travel with my own. The airline wanted $150 each way. Not to worry. They had just what I needed. I even rented a boogie board for my daughter and pushed her into wave after wave. She rode that board from just inside the break, over the long and shallow sandbar, to the beach more times than I can count. I gave me the biggest thrill to see her have so much fun surfing.

We spent our early afternoons having lunch at our villa or a local restaurant and then hit the pool. What an amazing place to relax while waiting for the tide to fill in for my next surf. I remember standing at the edge of the pool deck looking out over the ocean at the bottom of the hill and thinking "I feel like a king!" drinking a cold Tona, surveying the beach, mountains and forest, without a care in the world.

Robert Gregory was our host for our stay(his family was back in the states) and he made us feel more than welcome. He told us the best places to secure supplies and to eat out. He had great stories about his life in Nicaragua and around the world and we got to see him working on another property, down at the beach, where we could safely park our car. He is one of those special people that has a clear vision, makes things happen and has created a magical place that met our every expectation. I have even taken to saying "what would Robert Gregory do?" since we got home.

I know that my next trip to Nicaragua will include another stay at Two Brothers. I hope next time we will meet the rest of the family and get to stay longer.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
#1 of 2 in Tola
Soma Surf Resort
Soma Surf Resort
#1 of 12 in Popoyo

Been to Two Brothers Surf Resort? Share your experiences!