“Great place for a light snack” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pump Street Bakery

Pump Street Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Orford
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
United Kingdom
“Great place for a light snack”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

We visited on a rathe refreshing June day, no sun and a rather fresh wind. The bakery was the perfect place to pop into and warm up. There is a nice menu on a blackboard at the end of the eating room which consists of a long table to be shared with whoever happens to be around and becomes your fellow diners. This rather casual style is perfect for the informal atmosphere and style of food on offer. All the food is nicely presented visually and in terms of service its a good 30 minute stop off type of location.

We all enjoyed it and warmed up ready to set off and explore the village further.

• Visited June 2013

West Yorkshire
“Can't fault this place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

I read the low scored reviews on here and cannot believe what they say. I know its expensive, but if you want quality you have to pay a little more, if you want cheap there's a mini supermarket next door, you can buy your processed white from there. Aloof staff, do me a favour, they are some of the friendliest, nicest people you would wish to meet, who will happily spend time to talk through the different bread and cakes. We only ate once in the cafe and I must admit the menu is limited, but we were not disappointed in the food. But the sour dough is to die for and the croissant in the morning with their coffee is unbeatable. Oh! and the Eccles Cakes made from fruit soaked in brandy, and the..........

• Visited September 2012
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Wonderful bread!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

I have not been to the Pump Street Bakery but I sometimes buy their bread from Cedric, the Citroen van, in Ipswich Market every Thursday.

What can I say? Superb! There is another good bread stall on Fridays and Saturdays with a slightly wider range, but I feel that Pump Street has the edge.

1 Thank The_Baptist
Suffolk
“Bread heaven!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

I regularly buy from the bakery's travelling shop - Cedric the Citroen - but had not eaten at the café. I had lunch last Saturday - a busy day - one of the first to be warm and sunny. The soup was delicious and served with two generous slices of my favourite bread, called Richmond. My experience of the service was totally at odds with some of the reviews here. Sitting alone, a member of staff asked if she might join me and we spent a very pleasant few minutes in conversation.
Perhaps the staff respond to the way they are treated by particular customers? - rather like the rest of us....
My experience was only spoiled by the presence of two uncontrolled young children - hardly the fault of the bakery!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SuffolkTabTwo
Leigh, United Kingdom
“quirky and cosy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

travelled to orford today to visit this highky regarded cafe and bakery. We were not disappointed. The food was simple but of high quality. I had beetreet slaw with smoked trout and my sister had eccles cake with lancashire cheese. Beautifully presented.My only criticism would be that the portions were rather small for the price. Bread excellent with wide variety. Would definitely go again.

• 3 of 5 bubbles