“Can't fault this place.”
Review of Pump Street Bakery

Pump Street Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Orford
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I read the low scored reviews on here and cannot believe what they say. I know its expensive, but if you want quality you have to pay a little more, if you want cheap there's a mini supermarket next door, you can buy your processed white from there. Aloof staff, do me a favour, they are some of the friendliest, nicest people you would wish to meet, who will happily spend time to talk through the different bread and cakes. We only ate once in the cafe and I must admit the menu is limited, but we were not disappointed in the food. But the sour dough is to die for and the croissant in the morning with their coffee is unbeatable. Oh! and the Eccles Cakes made from fruit soaked in brandy, and the..........

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I have not been to the Pump Street Bakery but I sometimes buy their bread from Cedric, the Citroen van, in Ipswich Market every Thursday.

What can I say? Superb! There is another good bread stall on Fridays and Saturdays with a slightly wider range, but I feel that Pump Street has the edge.

1  Thank The_Baptist
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I regularly buy from the bakery's travelling shop - Cedric the Citroen - but had not eaten at the café. I had lunch last Saturday - a busy day - one of the first to be warm and sunny. The soup was delicious and served with two generous slices of my favourite bread, called Richmond. My experience of the service was totally at odds with some of the reviews here. Sitting alone, a member of staff asked if she might join me and we spent a very pleasant few minutes in conversation.
Perhaps the staff respond to the way they are treated by particular customers? - rather like the rest of us....
My experience was only spoiled by the presence of two uncontrolled young children - hardly the fault of the bakery!

1  Thank SuffolkTabTwo
Reviewed April 17, 2013

travelled to orford today to visit this highky regarded cafe and bakery. We were not disappointed. The food was simple but of high quality. I had beetreet slaw with smoked trout and my sister had eccles cake with lancashire cheese. Beautifully presented.My only criticism would be that the portions were rather small for the price. Bread excellent with wide variety. Would definitely go again.

1  Thank sueandbleddyn
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Pump Street Bakery is so good it pretty much influenced where we went on a weekend away. This was our 3rd visit and the delicious breakfasts, cakes and coffee meant we headed there on each of the three days we were in Orford!
On weekends they serve a variety of breakfasts such as raisin bread, bacon and banana, bread baskets - you won't be disappointed with anything. Eccles cake and Lancashire cheese for lunch is simple and delicious.
As it was approaching Easter, we had some of their hot cross buns - best we've had without a doubt.
They serve Monmouth Coffee (amongst the best available imho), which admittedly could be a bit hotter sometimes. Service is super-friendly, helpful and great with kids.

Get yourself a seat around the big long table inside or outside in the sun - time just disappears. Already looking forward to our next visit to Pump Street Bakery!

p.s. their bread and cakes are now also sold at Snape Maltings, just in case you haven't bought enough already.

2  Thank MrSloth