“Lovely weekend at the Mustard Seed”
Review of The Mustard Seed

The Mustard Seed
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Booked a weekend with the family for a significant birthday at the Mustard Seed and had a wonderful time. Food and accommodation were excellent. Staff were friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

My son and I spent our first night in Ireland at the Mustard Seed. It was a great way to start our trip. The Staff was very welcoming and helpful. Gardens are lovely and the food delicious. Please dine at the hotel when staying there.

2  Thank kathy a
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I go here every time it's my birthday or anniversary or any other special occasion, I love it. The food is out of this world & atmosphere & setting is lovely. It's expensive but you get what you pay for.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

This superb country house & restaurant is owned & run by an alumnus of Blackrock College, Dublin, consistently, over many years, the most renowned rugby nursery in the British Isles.
Enough about that, however, as the restaurant produces the most outstanding food for miles around, supported by its own orchards & herb gardens & well thought-out wine choices combining to deliver uniformly tasty & imaginative dishes.
The depth of the typically Irish welcome is tangible, the decor of the dining room is discreet & charming & despite the elegance, the staff are warm, friendly & efficient with no hint of aloof formality.
The establishment is delightfully situated above the viilage of Glengarry, close to the picturesque tourist town of Adare & less than an hour from the city of Limerick & Shannon Airport. Moreover it is on the doorstep of the delights of West Cork & Kerry - Ballymaloe, Skibereen,Tralee, Kenmare, Killarney, the Ring of Kerry, Dingle etc.
Suits me!

1  Thank macduck9244
Reviewed October 16, 2013

My overall impression of the Mustard Seed was that it was a bit more expensive than the usual top restaurant but well worth a visit on special occasions with a group of friends. The whole atmosphere is old world and very charming. The proprietors and staff are equally charming, welcoming and most efficient. For my starter I had seared scallops and John Dory for the main course. The accompanying vegetables were cooked to perfection and so tasty. The wine which was their wine of the month was a very pleasant white Cote du Rhone. When I commented to the waiter on how nice the wine was as he poured more, he said "Next month's is even nicer. Be sure to come and try it." The appearance and presentation of each course was fantastic. The people at the Mustard Seed obviously believe that we eat with our eyes as well as our mouths. I must say that it was a thoroughly relaxing and enjoyable evening.