“Disgusting rundown dirty hotel don't ever go there”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Katunayake
Hotel Good Wood Plaza
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Katunayake
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Srilankan airlines hotel partner what are they thinking just because a person travels by economy class they can put up people in this kind of crappy place,I was enroute to Riyadh from Trivandrum so I had a wait time of 8 Hours between flights they put me up at the good wood plaza so I jumped for the opportunity stayed for about six hours with my family and regretted it the moment I stepped it into it ,the room was worse than any lodge ,I would never have opted for this hotel had I known in advance,the room was very hot obviously there were no fans just a old damaged air conditioner that took about one hour to cool the room ,the bathroom was something from the early seventies filthy dark and dingy all the plug points were loose and a potential health hazard for my toddler,this place is for you if you like bed bugs and roaches ,I am surprised how they passed any government norms,I shared my experience with the front desk and he seemed as if I was the only one with this problem like no one ever complained,the meal was Spartan srilankan cuisine the hotel staff also Join in the meal I could see many employees also in the dining room they seemed to enjoy it can't say I did though this hotel has been the worst I have stayed in my life,please avoid if you can,it's a shame to all of srilanka and it's tourist industry,I hope someone in srilankan airlines reads this review about their partner hotel

Room Tip: Avoid going there if you can ask your airline operator to give you another hotel
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Theretailer

Reviewed June 25, 2011

The hotel is located just outside of airport and it is very convenient for passengers who are in transit. The hotel is in prime location and I can say one of the good hotel in srilanka. The staff are very nice and the restaurant is just OK.

It is also a better hotel incase you need to take a short tour in colombo when you are in transit. Hotel is arranging the same.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marutha
Reviewed March 24, 2011

We stayed there for one night, as a complementary transit stay from Sri Lankan airlines, and that was one of the most disgusting experiences in my life. Reviews by other travelers say so much about the place, and I wonder that SL airline is still using the place for transit!

Looks like that someone is making easy and dirty money, embezzeling the airline at the cost of its customers.

A shame indeed :(

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Mozumbus
Reviewed July 22, 2010

The Good Wood Plaza is, in a word, awful. I can't really say anything good about it, except that it's quite close to the airport. My room smelled very strongly of urine, and a large bat living in the hotel's hallway flew into me. Carpets are stained, hallways are dark, staff is a bit odd. I only stayed here to catch a late-night flight, but surely there must be a better choice somewhere near the airport... Even at $20/night, it's overpriced.

• Stayed: June 2010
1  Thank WilliamSNichols
Reviewed March 26, 2010

It's located just outside the International Airport and has parking. The hotel is old and needs refer-bushing. Will not stay again in this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Sabstar_10
Reviewed January 3, 2010

The rooms were not clean and had a dank smell. All the lighting fixtures and sockets were coming loose. There were water stains all over the walls and the curtains were coming loose from the rails. We were there on a 9 hour lay over and our refreshments were complimentary. Most of the food was unpalatable and the coffee looked like the rinse water from the coffee filter. I would never stay here again even if it were a free layover.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank farighkaum
Reviewed April 20, 2009

We needed a hotel close to the airport due to an early morning flight and the guide we had been with for a few days put us up at the Good Wood. My husband and daughter went to get something to eat in the restaurant and came back some time later having been eaten alive by fleas jumping out of the carpet. On returning to the bedroom my husband found a millipede in his bed. The room was satisfactory though had clearly seen better days. There was no tea/coffee making facilitiy and no english tv channels. To get to Negombo was a 30 min drive in a tuk tuk - cost 700 rupees. We should have stayed in Negombo and suffered the longer journey to the airport the following morning. A souless place - avoid at all costs.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank eluned
Also consider these accommodations in or near Katunayake
Ramada Katunayake Colombo International Airport
#5 of 8 in Katunayake
Ared Villa
Ared Villa
#1 of 2 in Katunayaka

Been to Hotel Good Wood Plaza? Share your experiences!