“Good place to stay and find a good restaurant and good steward”
Review of Hotel Cockpit

Hotel Cockpit
Ranked #7 of 15 Katunayake B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I have stayed a day there and I had everything in order to my will.A cheerful steward ,I dont know the name ,but who is from Italy and working there,helped me lot and his service is excellent.I had delicious Sri lankan food and had a amazing tea from the hill country.Steward told me that sri lanka has a pride in making good tea to the world.

So if you are planning your next trip just visit to Hotel cockpit and get a excellent service.
And do not forget to go to the roof top And get the lagoon view and have a beer.

2 Thumbs up

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank aBDUL k
There are newer reviews for Hotel Cockpit

Reviewed April 18, 2014

I didn't plan to stay here but on arrival my bags were lost. We made a quick plan to stay at Hotel Cockpit. From the airport they were very quick to arrange our stay. When we arrived all the staff were very friendly! The manager gave us everything we needed, including extra towels because we had no clothes! They also let us stay a few hours longer as we were waiting for bags.

The rooms are comfortable and clean with everything working and a nice view from the balcony!

The best part about this hotel is the AMAZING view from the roof! Straight away the friendly waiter brought us drinks to the roof and then served us really delicious Sri Lankan Curry for dinner.

For Breakfast we had freshly cut fruit and it was lovely. It's reasonable price and we had a really good stay here. Expensive water though so maybe buy some before you arrive!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Elly R
Reviewed April 13, 2014

1. the clerks are much helpful on the traval suggestion;
2. it's near the international airport and just take a few minutes to arrive here by taxi;
3. very convenient going to Negmbo or Colombo, besides the main road;

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Melody1111
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We checked in for just one night transit and from the moment were keen to just pass the night and get away. Its not so bad but certainly avoidable with family. The door on the rear side cannot be locked and you have to live on assurance provided by the hotel staff that it is safe. Though it turned out to be safe but not the ideal situaton. The breakfast is ok considering it is not a star category hotel.

Room Tip: Choose room with no rear door
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CharitraMaheshwari
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Good place for easy access to the airport. If you have early flight this is good option to stay. The rooms are clean and free Wify uninterrupted access and running hot and cold water is great. The Manager is very helpful

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jothi2014
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Recently tried it for the first time as I had an early morning flight. The hotel is generally good and lies approx. 3 km from the airport. The hotel has a good restaurant but I didn’t had a chance for any main course there. There is also a good rooftop spaces for drinks, where they serve what you want based on your order but it is not always open and lively. Next to it is also a message centre with beautiful ambience but the massage itself is expensive….I paid LKR 3,000 and was told that this is a local rate and they charge over USD 40 to the tourist – It’s not worth spending in massage here as nothing special compare to cost. Actually, I would not say many places in Sri Lanka is good for massage, except few which is based on Ayurveda concept – but still expensive. The staff were very helpful though and as I needed to leave hotel at 5 am, they provided me the take away pack for breakfast with some bread, jam, butter, omelette, sausages and fruits, which was great. The cost for airport transfer is unnecessarily high if you choose to take hotel taxi/shuttle – USD 10. I think hotel should provide it complementary to attract transiting passengers, which is not a case and they are rigid to this charge. I would suggest not to take hotel or any pre booked taxi offer for airport transfer. Just go outside the hotel to main road (50 meters), and look for a tuk-tuk (auto rickshaw), which may cost max 200 LKR (I paid 150 only). However please note that tuk-tuk is not allowed inside the airport, so they will drop you just next to airport, from where there is walking gate to the departure areas – Just 100 meter or so, which is still very good options. Please note that the hotel also has a night club which is good if you want to spend some musical time, however, it is quite noisy and disturbs your sleeping. So be careful what you want.

Room Tip: Nothing Special
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Like what most reviewers say, this is good for one night only because you have an early morning flight to catch. The good thing is it's only a 15 mins drive from the airport. The room was passable but the cupboard door was hanging dangerously and the water pressure from the shower pathetic. Food was passable but it took damn long for our food to come. Perhaps since we were the only guest and they have to fetch the cook from somewhere else. The disco is real and the music starts from 7pm till 5am the next day. I could even hear partygoers singing at the top of their voices in the middle of the night.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BryanMah
Also consider these accommodations in or near Katunayake
Ramada Katunayake Colombo International Airport
No photo provided
Hotel Paradise
Hotel Paradise
#4 of 7 in Katunayake

Been to Hotel Cockpit? Share your experiences!