“AVOID IT”

Ranked #5 of 13 Katunayake B&B and Inns
athens
“AVOID IT”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

The hotel is exactly as described and the others travelers.I stay ʹ A NIGHT BECAUSE THE AIRPORT IS NEAR , through out the evening till the morning the bar did so much noise that I can not calm down. Mosquitoes were parade all over the site. to eat gave the order and the meal came after two hours.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank john p

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
male, Maldives
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights before transferring to another hotel. The building is new and construction on some parts of the hotel is on going. New furniture and spacious but not really polished. Rooms are dusty and bed sheets are dirty. I have to request to change my sheets. I was transferred to another bigger room on my 2nd day as the first room power box short circuited, but the phone and kettle was not functioning in the new room. I just let it go as this was not important to me. It just seems that you have to really check all the appliance in the room otherwise you will be constantly disturbed by the staff that will fix what ever is broken in the room. Also, the staff has to be trained more as they are not very cautious with clients needs.

Yes it is true, the disco finishes at 5am. It didnt bother me at all but if your a light sleeper you have to avoid this hotel.

I tried room service for dinner but most of the dishes i want on the menu was not available. they only had grilled chicken. depressing.

What bothered me the most is, when a hotel staff keeps calling my mobile and sending me messages (had to use my mobile to call FO as phone in room is not working) and heard a knock on my door at 12am. it scared me very much. I wrote a complaint to the hotel. But don't know if that's even being handled by someone as i have received a reply at all. might have already been deleted.

Be cautious everyone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank KTMale

Travelers are raving about these Katunayake hotels

Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

All previous reviews totally correct, death trap lift shaft etc, all real, tea/coffee facilities = mugs, kettle, no tea or coffee, or socket to plug kettle in!
Sure all meals are brought in, exremely long delays, no smells of cooking, food cold and small portions. No credit card facilities, cash only!!! Please avoid at ALL costs

• Stayed May 2013
Hotel C, Director of Sales at Hotel Cockpit, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
we have offered low prices for our guests.........
Dubai
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at 8pm and had to leave for the airport at 2 am we booked this 'airport hotel' to get a few hours sleep after a long drive.
The hotel was deserted when we arrived and felt quite spooky, like a cross between fawlty towers and a horror movie.
We ate in the restaurant, lots of things on the menu were not available and service was ridiculously slow seeing as we were the only guests there.
We retired to our room to the accompaniment of loud banging house music. I always take earplugs on holiday but the bass of the music was so loud it went through earplugs and even through my iPod playing music on loud volume through my noise cancelling headphones!!
As most people use an airport hotel for sleep before or after a flight this place is not fit for purpose and should not call itself an airport hotel. Total rip off - money for nothing.
The empty elevator shaft that is not cordoned off is a death trap waiting to happen.
I can not stress this enough do NOT stay here!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This "hotel" is really just a nightclub / function venue with rooms to sleep in. The LOUD music goes on all night and you have no chance of sleeping at all. They also advertise a swimming pool available - lies. They say each room has a "hot tub" - lies - it is a standard "bath" that you'd find anywhere in the world.

They also tried to rip us off with a Tuk-Tuk scam to the airport but we sorted the guy out, he never got to rob us. Horrible experience, do not give these chancers your hard earned money.

There is so much wrong with the set up at this place it's a joke.

We never slept for two days due to the music all night. Snidey place, snidey people and the Tuk-Tuk incident, well, the wee guy was lucky to escape unscathed after pulling that sort of stunt on us.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. Seriously, just forget it. It is a nightmare.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 17, 2013

They have the infrastructure in place but zero ability to run a hotel. Breakfast was 4 bits of untoasted stale white bread. Also think we were the only guests. We booked this based on the advertising on book.com. It said a gym etc. no gym to be seen

• Stayed January 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed January 15, 2013

All the reviews of this place are entirely accurate - the disco from 10-5am, open lift shaft in the passageway, hotel still very much in the process of being built. We will dine out on the story of our night at the Cockpit for some time!

• Stayed January 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Katunayake
Ramada Katunayake Colombo International Airport
#6 of 13 in Katunayake
Hotel Thilon
Hotel Thilon
#4 of 8 in Katunayake

Been to Hotel Cockpit? Share your experiences!