“Nice wellcoming staff but that is about it, The room have a...”

Ramada Katunayake Colombo International Airport
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Katunayake

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed in Colombo for a night on our way to Maldives. We had to catch a morning flight next day so wanted to stay close to the airport, so we stayed here. This place is very close to the airport. We landed around 10pm and their car was waiting for us at the airport. Room was clean and comfortable. Staff very good and friendly. Breakfast was good. Since we had some free time in the morning after breakfast, the hotel guys suggested few places around. So on ouor transit stayr way to the airport we did some sight seeing and some shopping, Overall, this place is really good!

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2013

While in Sri Lanka I decided to stay here for the last night so it was easy to access the airport the next morning. I booked a triple room on line showing 2 adults as shown then the drop down for children was 13-17 as my child was 17 I selected this option !!! Upon arrival I was told I have a double room and my daughter would have to sleep in the same bed !!!! I told the receptionist that this was totally unacceptable, I showed him my online booking clearly showing a booking for 3 in a queen room, after much discussion I asked to speak to the Manager who after further discussion said he would put a small bed in the room as a good will gesture !!!!! I said that is what I have paid for, you are doing me no favours.. So all be aware when booking 3 people... Rooms are very dated and look tired, we had not hot water at all for 2 hours, they said I just needed to let the water run a little!! I did for over 10 mins it did not improve,eventually they sorted the issue, the corridors have a very musty smell.
As this was stop over it was ok, but I would not stay there again. The only good thing I would say is the guy in the restaurant was very good (Nihal I think his name was), very well experienced and very helpful, we had a small evening meal and it was not bad at all. Very friendly restaurant staff in fact.
Please bear in mind there is next to nothing in terms of eating out in this area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Travelers are raving about these Katunayake hotels

Italy
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I've been in this structure just few hours 'cause my flight had a long delay, but anyway the staff is professional and the room was beautiful and clean.
I didn't taste any of the room service or general services as pool or fitness room, but I suppose they're are pretty cool like the whole hotel; definitely I'll go there if I'll be back there one day!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Victoria, Canada
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This stay was for our last night in Sri-Lanka and had an early flight out the next day. Our first room had no Wi-Fi so we were moved. Room was clean, bed was comfortable. Dinner was cold and choices minimal as we had booked half board. Breakfast was very limited. Staff were friendly. I would try to find somewhere else if possible if you plan on eating at the restaurant on site.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wavi62
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My friend and I had dinner at Ramada Hotel after a tiring 12-hour drive from Nuwara Eliya-Ravana Falls and getting to airport for a midnight flight home. Feeling sticky and tired, we asked the restaurant staff Mr Muditha if the hotel offers 2-hour rental of room or bath facilities. When we were told the charges, we thought the better of it, but Mr Muditha went out of his way to help us - he actually consulted his manager, Mr Mathias if the hotel could let us use the gym bathroom for a quick shower. Mr Mathias kindly walked the two of us to the ladies' bathroom beside the gym, and there, two tired travelers got refreshed to carry on with our journey home - all for free! We were so grateful and impressed by the genuine care and hospitality that Mr Muditha and Mr Mathias showed to guests of their country.

Also worthy of mention is Ms Oshani of the front desk, whose ready smile and good English will stand her in good stead in the hospitality industry.

To all the kind Lankans we met on our trip - here's a big thank you and sure hope we will come back soon to this sunny beautiful island!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Darshana L
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed here the first and last night of our holiday. The rooms were clean and the reception staff lovely. The breakfast buffet offered stale bread products and the evening buffet only lentil dhal if you are vegetarian when we were there, the waters were also very slow at taking orders for drinks etc. Fine as a hotel where you need to be close to the airport but wouldn't stay here any longer

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Katunayake
The Gateway Hotel Airport Garden Colombo
#3 of 43 in Negombo
Hotel Paradise
Hotel Paradise
#4 of 7 in Katunayake

Been to Ramada Katunayake Colombo International Airport? Share your experiences!